“Great food in Silver City”

Q's Southern Bistro
Ranked #22 of 78 Restaurants in Silver City
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Southern California
“Great food in Silver City”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

On recent trip to Silver City New Mexico with my wife we stopped by this restaurant on recommendation of a local friend. The decor was family friendly, lots of pictures on the wall, the place was clean and staff was very friendly. I ordered a pulled port sandwich with fries and we shared a bowl of gumbo. The prices were reasonable and the had a lunch menu ($6 to $8). The bread was fresh from a local bakery, the gumbo was different but still tasty. I really liked the pulled pork sandwich, it came on a large bun with lettuce, tomato, pickle, mustard and mayo. If you're ever in Silver City check hem out.

• Visited May 2014

Howell, Michigan
“Good food and Good service”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Decided to eat here after numerous recommendations from locals. Agreeing with others, the owner stopped by numerous times to see if we needed anything and how was the food. Very good attentive service. I had a Caesar salad and a cup of gumbo. Both were good. There was a very nice singer there with a beautiful voice. Very entertaining! Will eat here again.

• Visited April 2014
Silver City, New Mexico
“Great food and service”
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Loved the Ahi and the calabacitos. The service was great and definitely a place we want to go back to. A friendly atmosphere and the owners made us feel very welcome.

• Visited March 2014
Silver City, New Mexico, US
“What's With the Whining?”
Reviewed 15 February 2014

I hate writing reviews. More than that, I hate reading whiny people's smack down of hard working people. It's tough making a go of it in Silver so I would give these folks a five star for sticking to a difficult task. My wife and I have eaten in a lot of excellent restaurants in our time and we have discovered that comparing turnips with kiwis doesn't fly. Each one has individual qualities to be valued. Which is why I value Q's. They dare to present interesting, good tasting food in a working class community and I'm proud to have them.
Been there twice now and I'll do a brief re-cap: First time, good comfort food in fried chicken, garlic mashers, zukes, and Jack Daniels cream gravy. Felt at home already. Second time it was basil pesto cream sauce with feta stuffed ravioli, grilled chicken breast gracing the top, plenty of Parmesan without even asking. Raviloi could have been more moist but hey, this was $13 lunch and I've paid twice that at Pranzo's in Santa Fe with the same minor flaw. And this was all eclipsed by the deep fried calabacitas. Don't go heavy on the spicy sauce unless you're a New Mexico native, but let me tell you, somebody in New York is stealing this appetizer concept right now.
And one other thing....I can't walk very well, sometimes not at all, and my wife wanted to take me here to the restaurant. She expressed to the owners that she would love to bring her husband but that there wasn't any disability parking out front (regular parking is hard enough). A week later there was a clearly defined disability parking space right out front.
Patience brings great reward, and as far as I'm concerned, the reward was Q's.
r.earnheart

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank starlight22
“Nice selection/excellent service”
Reviewed 10 December 2013 via mobile

Very nice selection on the lunch menu. Virtually everything was either $6 or $8. Service was EXCELLENT! My co-workers and I were there to celebrate a birthday. There were 8 of us. We ordered several appetizers which were also very good, with nice presentation. I am an avid hot tea drinker, which is unusual for these parts and consequently I am used to having to ask repeatedly for things like a saucer, a spoon, some lemon, more hot water, etc. The waitress (I wish I'd have gotten her name!) brought all of that without me having to ask. BIG BIG kudos and a nice tip from me for that!! Even as a large group, we were served promptly and had plenty of time to enjoy our meal within our allotted time frame.

Everyone raved about their entrees and we are already looking forward to the next birthday in a few weeks as an excuse to come back!