“Probably the nicest hotel in Silver City”

Holiday Inn Express Silver City
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Silver City
Colorado
“Probably the nicest hotel in Silver City”
Reviewed 21 February 2012

We stayed at this Holiday Inn for two days in February and enjoyed the room and the included breakfast. It is located on the edge of town, just off of the highway. This is a very quiet location. The room was nice, and the heater unit worked well and was quiet. My only complaint is that the bathroom shower had some wear and tear, but everything worked fine and the water was hot. No major complaints and I will stay here again if I am in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor mid-way between the elevator and stairs.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Los Angeles
Reviewed 3 December 2011

This was our first stay in Silver City, and our fist time staying at a Holiday Inn. Because we have three kids we stayed in the Double Queen suite and our room was on the top floor. I can't comment on the standard rooms. Our suite was rather spacious and also had a foldout sofa bed for 1 person. The queen beds were comfortable however the foldout bed would be uncofortable for adults. Our 3 year old slept on the foldout and was fine. The suite also has 2 television sets, a small fridge and a microwave. Overall it was a nice, quiet, comfortable room. The bathrooms are a bit dated, but clean. Nothing really to complain about. The hotel was somewhate empty when we were there, so it was very quiet. The front door didn't seem to block out the hallway noise very well, but it wasn't a problem for us since there weren't many people around. The breakfast offered a good assortment of cold and hot dishes. We found it suited our needs very well having 3 kids. I'd stay at this hotel again if I came back to Silver City.

Room Tip: Double queen suites are very spacious for families and/or multiple people.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Cedar Park, Texas
Reviewed 24 September 2011

Just returned from a trip to Silver City for work. It seems kind of strange that a hotel that is obviously frequented by people working in the area doesn't have refrigerators or microwaves in the rooms--you have to stay in the "suite" to get that luxury. I like to keep snack, soft drinks and breakfast food because I'm diabetic. The room was clean but kind of plain, the bed was okay, the pillows are horrible--but nicely labeled "firm" or "soft". The walls are THIN making it hard to sleep if someone is stomping across their floor overhead or there's a party in the room next door. I found the staff to be very helpful--including Millie. She was very nice to me when I needed change. There are probably better places to stay, but HIE isn't bad.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Las Cruces, New Mexico
Reviewed 9 August 2011

We came to Silver Citiy as our jumping off point to visit the Gila Cliff Dwellings. We are a family of 3 and were warmly welcomed to this very clean, nicely decorated facility. The rooms were large and the air conditioner worked perfectly. The morning breakfast was terrific, with a huge variety of offerings: eggs, sausage, pancakes, muffins, biscuits and gravy. Everyone was very pleasant, including the lovely breakfast room lady.

Room Tip: We were on the top floor (3rd); and it wasn't terribly noisy.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
New Mexico
Reviewed 24 March 2011

This is my second stay at this hotel while traveling statewide for work. On the first stay (same time last year) I was told I could not stay in the "suite" I had reserved because I was traveling with my dog and it was this HIE's policy to keep the suites "pet-free" - I was told this was posted on the website - it was/is not. Never mind, since the "suite" was a standard king room with a single counter holding a microwave and dorm-style mini-refrigerator, while my "non-suite" was identical, but without the counter top. On the first stay the staff was disinterested, the hot breakfast was HIE expected fare, the wireless internet was slow, the bed was miserably uncomfortable, the walls were thin with hallway/room/ceiling noise at all hours, and the room was a mix of left-over dated furniture and HIE products.
I am currently at this hotel for a second stay. Remembering the pet-room drama I phoned ahead and during registration I requested a refrigerator and microwave to be put in the king standard room I would be staying in (warning: not all rooms have these appliances), it was not here upon arrival. Although the appliances are here now - they are about 10 yr+ old appliances - the refrigerator freezes everything regardless of temp setting and the microwave will cook if the time is set about 2x that of the package instructions.
The staff is remains apathetic, wireless internet is still slow/weak signal, the bed is, again, terribly uncomfortable, and my current room is "handicap accessible" - so the clothing rack is 3 ft off the floor (my hanging clothes are puddled on the floor), the (mini) ironing board is for table-top use (with the only hard surface to put it on being the floor - I'm ironing while on my knees on the floor), and the bathroom does not have the standard HIE shower head, but instead has a cheap plastic hand held sprayer.
I have no one but myself to blame for this second, disappointing/frustrating, stay. This hotel is "independently owned and operated" and does not meet even the most basic HIE standards. I will not stay here again and I cannot recommend this hotel to anyone traveling in this area.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
6 Thank NMoutreach
alamogordo
Reviewed 20 February 2011

we stayed this last weekend, not only were the beds horribly uncomfortable but there was mildew in the tub, and the walls in the bathroom had water damage. the walls were so thin not only could we hear what was going on in the next couple of rooms, but we could also hear what was going on above us. we joked that the olympic gymnastic team was practicing in the room above us. the spa was out of order, the front desk said that the heater in it was broken. the mirrors in the bathroom looked like they hadn't been cleaned in quite a while. and watch for the electric plugs, we had quite a few that didn't work. they were painted red and left alone. the location you have to look for or else you will miss it.

the service and breakfast was great. other than that i wouldn't recommend this place at all.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank mistyloohoo
Lima, Ohio
Reviewed 1 January 2011

Thoe hotel was nice but it needed updates. We stayed there to visit the Gila Cliff Dwellings, it was a good location for that.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple