Holiday Inn Express Silver City
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Gila Mountain Inn(Silver City)
Average 3/5
Quality Inn(Silver City)
Very Good 4/5
Motel 6 Silver City(Silver City)
Average 3/5
Good 3.5/5
Copper Manor Motel(Silver City)
Good 3.5/5
Palace Hotel(Silver City)
  • Breakfast included
Murray Hotel(Silver City)
Great 4.5/5
All reviewsbest hotel in townthird floorcinnamon bunsbiscuits gravybath and body worksrewards clubwear and tearyogurtbreakfast staffquiet locationhot breakfastwe loved our staythe entire staffice machinewe've stayednight staysmall refrigerator
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 March 2012

Got back into town late and didn't want to disturb my temporary hosts so I checked into what should have been one of the better hotels in this small town as it is one of the newer ones. I had just sold my house and been out of town for awhile so I needed a place to stay for a night. When I checked in and presented my drivers license, I was told that they don't rent to locals, which flabberghasted and angered this tired soul after a long day of driving. I asked the front desk person if he was kidding and he assured me that he wasn't but changed his mind after I started leaving the lobby. I was relieved but ungrateful due to the initial unnecessary shock. The room was overpriced (over $100) and I was in 204 on the second of three floors. It was before midnight by the time I settled in and could hear the TV in the next room so I turned on my TV, which was preset to Fox News at volume level 15. I know it was preset because I immediately changed the channel from this angry harping propaganda drivel spectacle and it came on again in the morning, same channel, same volume level. The room was cold so I turned on the window-mounted heater/cooler (no climate control for over $100) and went to bed. About 3 AM I was awakened by creaking noises coming from the ceiling caused by guests above me moving in their room. This went on all night and into the morning and was really quite loud (a friend confirmed this in the morning). At about 4 AM I woke up again (from a very light and labored sleep) because the room was way too hot so I turned the a/c on. The bed wasn't bad, kinda hard and the pillows small and cheap. Not much of a comforter on the bed. I didn't sleep worth a darn with the room temp and noise, maybe two hours. So, the good things about the room include above average bathroom amenities and a nice shower head with good flow. Noticed a few black curly hairs stuck on the bathroom wall but I'm used to this in all levels of accomodations. Overall it was a clean place. The breakfast area downstairs was well apportioned and the coffee was decent. I would give it a "poor" if the room came in under $100 but a hotel like this is supposed to be a place to sleep and this hotel was an epic fail in this regard. Didn't much appreciate the lame attempt at management [the company?] propagandizing thier patrons with Fox News, either. This channel was also blaring in the breakfast area, by the way.

Room Tip: Choose a top floor room to avoid the loud creaking ceiling if you must stay here. Good luck if you're a local in need of a room...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
6  Thank Ricomalo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Silver City, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2012

Ricomalo,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We hope that you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Ben J
IHG Care

Reviewed 27 February 2012

The creaking floor above me kept me up all night. Request the 3rd floor for your stay.

Reviewed 21 February 2012

We stayed at this Holiday Inn for two days in February and enjoyed the room and the included breakfast. It is located on the edge of town, just off of the highway. This is a very quiet location. The room was nice, and the heater unit worked well and was quiet. My only complaint is that the bathroom shower had some wear and tear, but everything worked fine and the water was hot. No major complaints and I will stay here again if I am in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor mid-way between the elevator and stairs.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 December 2011

This was our first stay in Silver City, and our fist time staying at a Holiday Inn. Because we have three kids we stayed in the Double Queen suite and our room was on the top floor. I can't comment on the standard rooms. Our suite was rather spacious and also had a foldout sofa bed for 1 person. The queen beds were comfortable however the foldout bed would be uncofortable for adults. Our 3 year old slept on the foldout and was fine. The suite also has 2 television sets, a small fridge and a microwave. Overall it was a nice, quiet, comfortable room. The bathrooms are a bit dated, but clean. Nothing really to complain about. The hotel was somewhate empty when we were there, so it was very quiet. The front door didn't seem to block out the hallway noise very well, but it wasn't a problem for us since there weren't many people around. The breakfast offered a good assortment of cold and hot dishes. We found it suited our needs very well having 3 kids. I'd stay at this hotel again if I came back to Silver City.

Room Tip: Double queen suites are very spacious for families and/or multiple people.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 September 2011

Just returned from a trip to Silver City for work. It seems kind of strange that a hotel that is obviously frequented by people working in the area doesn't have refrigerators or microwaves in the rooms--you have to stay in the "suite" to get that luxury. I like to keep snack, soft drinks and breakfast food because I'm diabetic. The room was clean but kind of plain, the bed was okay, the pillows are horrible--but nicely labeled "firm" or "soft". The walls are THIN making it hard to sleep if someone is stomping across their floor overhead or there's a party in the room next door. I found the staff to be very helpful--including Millie. She was very nice to me when I needed change. There are probably better places to stay, but HIE isn't bad.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business