“Convenient location”

Holiday Inn Express Silver City
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Silver City
Reviewed 16 February 2014

The HIE had a very friendly and helpful staff. They had a list of restaurants with detail about the kind of food served and could provide directions and recommendations. They have a cute way of telling how to find the hotel--It is behind Wendy's on the way into town. The hotel is near the road to Gila Dwellings National Park and about a mile from the town's business district.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Mrjack37
Michelle C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Silver City, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I hope you will be coming back to enjoy the area and our new look once renovation is completed.

Reviewed 30 January 2014

I came into town for business without a reservation and by chance saw the HIE sitting behind a Wendy's. The front desk was quick to check me in and even asked which floor I wanted. I chose the top floor and was given a corner room with a king size bed. The room was large and clean, with a comfortable king size bed. I thought the property was fairly new until I saw the previous reviews. I must have gotten a remodeled room as it was well appointed and fresh looking. The corner room had two windows on two sides of the room, I liked that, made the room seem more open and home like. I have stayed at other hotels in Silver, and I have to say, this was the best room I have found.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room, they are probably the best their!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank James C
Michelle C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Silver City, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Thank you so much for your review. We are still in the progress of renovating, so hopefully you can experience a whole new hotel when you return to Silver City! It is with the help of reviews like yours that will allow us to make any changes that need to be made to accommodate our guests.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

The checkin was very quick and efficient. I wanted a quiet room and got that. The room was very clean as it should be. It was what I needed for a quiet night's stay. The only tricky part is that the hotel is behind the Wendy's and thus I passed it by. Had to call the hotel to find it. Maybe I am not observant enough?

Room Tip: Tricky to find at night. Look behind the Wendy's.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Edwin N
Michelle C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Silver City, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. It is with the help of our guests and these reviews we are able to make any changes necessary to make your stay more comfortable.

Reviewed 26 December 2013

It's so nice to pull up each and every time I'm in Silver City on business and know that my room is ready - clean and all things functioning, and that check-in and out is going to be painless. Just a great crew that provides quick answers, a great breakfast, and a worry free stay every month.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Stayed here while on business in Silver City. Staff was very helpful and polite considering we stopped in on Thursday evening with no reservations.

Our room definitely needed cleaning and updates (I've watched too much Hotel Impossible lately) which is why we provide POOR ratings on cleanliness and rooms. Bathroom was marginally clean (excess hair lying around) and the tub needed replaced as it had two cracks in it that had attempts to seal it with a brown sealer (looked a little scary). The carpet in the room was definitely in need of a refresh or deep cleaning and the lamp that was on the hot switch was hit or miss.

The wifi in the room was nice and we had no issues using it on our iPad.

50/50 on whether or not we'd stay here again although there are few choices in Silver City.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Southwest_Gaucho
Michelle C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Silver City, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Thank you so much for your feedback. I am with you on watching Hotel Impossible. Please know that we are going to be starting a renovation in the next couple of weeks. I do hope that you will come back to see our new look and feel. We will be adding twelve new rooms, an outdoor swimming pool, a grilling area and a fire pit for star gazing. We will also be renovating all aspects of the current hotel. If there are any concerns that you saw that you have more input on please feel free to contact me.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

The Desk clerk was very nice and gracious and our stay was good , we were there for a State Conference for two nights , the full breakfasts were very good, the rooms were clean and beds were comfy, I slept well and was ready for each day of the conference.We had a pleasant stay. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 October 2013

We had a double, it was so small we couldn't pass each other between the beds and the dresser. Stayed at this property years ago when it was new, but they sure haven't kept the place up. I thought we would fall thru the bathroom floor, tiles so loose. The extra towel bar they added was full of ? not sure, I hope it was coffee. The bed skirt, draperies, carpeting all stained. I moved the bed skirt because I thought I dropped something and there were beer bottle caps just under the bed skirt. I wonder when the last time the place was vacumed?. We had to fight to get a frig and pay extra. The mattresses where old and stained as where the sheets. It's unforturnate as Silver City area is beautiful. Sure hope they plan on updating rooms. The best thing about the place is the nice lady in the breakfast bar and desk staff who helped get clean towels after I had to wipe up the bathroom. I agree, the room should have gone for $50 instead of $129.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Silver City, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

Dear njmonst,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the room conditions prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D