“worth every dollar paid”
Review of Glacier Heli Tours

Glacier Heli Tours
Ranked #5 of 10 Tours in West Glacier
Reviewed 20 August 2014

This is an hour tour and if 4 or more the cost was $250 each. The views are incredable and the pilot was very knowledgable. It is the best way to see the park, the glaciers and we actually crossed into Canda. I think this was best tour we have done and we have done several heli tours in other places. Great chance to get some amazing photos.

2  Thank Lesley H
There are newer reviews for Glacier Heli Tours

Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

We had a wonderful time on the flight. The staff was professional and flexible with our large group of 10. We arrived an hour early, so they took us then. The views were amazing and we had an unforgettable way to celebrate my parents 25th wedding anniversary. I will recommend them to anyone looking for a special way to see the park.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

I've been on many helicopter rides in various parks. This exceeded all of them. The equipment is top notch and safety is an obvious priority. We went for 30 minutes because we had one person in our party who had never been in a helicopter. She loved the ride and felt very safe. You are able to see things from above that you will never see while driving in the park. A hotel in the middle of nowhere. The fire lookout towers. Glaciers that you can almost touch. The glaciers are slowly melting and aren't expected to last much longer (few years) The location of this venue is 5 minutes outside of the West Entrance to Glacier Park. Do this.... you'll be glad you did.

1  Thank emtff
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

I'm soooo glad me and my mom chose to tour GNP via helicopter, and especially with this company! I booked this tour for us on a whim, just because I knew if I sat and thought about it I would chicken out... I've never been on a helicopter and I'm afraid of heights! I called to make reservations and we were able to book a flight for the next day. The woman was nice and answered all of my questions. I booked us a hour flight with other people just so it would be cheaper.

We arrived about 1215...our flight was scheduled at one... And by 1220 the rest of the group we were flying with had arrived so we were in the air by 1230! There was 6 in our group total. Now, I don't know how they determine who is going to ride in the front with the pilot, or if they do it based on who arrives first (we did), but walking to the helicopter a woman came up to us and said that one of us could decide who wants to ride up front. Either way was fine with me, but my mom told me to go ahead so I had the best seat in the house! The pilot (cole? Coleman? Sorry!) was super nice, cracked a few jokes, and narrated the entire flight. So glad he was our pilot! He was excellent.

For those of you who are worried or afraid because you've never been on a heli, don't be!! Do it! I had never been and honestly i forgot I was on one the majority of the time! The flight was smooth, and the pilot made take off and landing look like a breeze.

I highly recommend the hour tour. It went by so fast, but it is completely worth every penny. Ask to be placed with another group if there's less than 4 so it will be cheaper. There is just so much of the park you don't see while driving or even hiking, you can see so much more this way!! I would do it again in a heartbeat.

1  Thank jess412
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Since Glacier is mostly accessible through hiking trails (over 400 miles of them), this is a perfect way to experience a much greater portion of the Park. The company (pilots & staff) were enthusiastic and eager to please. Glacier from the air is a unique experience. It is well worth the ticket price. We took the 1 hour flight and anything less would have left me feeling sad...there is so much to see.

1  Thank redrock51