“Very friendly and low cost”
Review of Glacier Photo

Glacier Photo
Ranked #7 of 10 Tours in West Glacier
More attraction details
Owner description: Glacier Photo is an Old Time Photo Studio and fully stocked camera and accessory shop located at the West entrance to Glacier National Park, and has served photographers in Glacier since 1986. Our Old Time Portrait studio offers one of the most fun and unique souvenirs of your trip to Glacier. Cameras, lenses, filters, tripods, memory cards, bags, straps, batteries and chargers, cleaning kits, lens caps, digital prints, - you name it - we've got it! We look forward to seeing you! There are few places on our globe as photogenic as Glacier National Park, and for that reason Glacier Photo offers a wide selection of personalized photography workshops throughout Glacier Park. Photographers of every level learn from professional guides whose number one concern is helping you improve your skills in capturing the stunning landscape of Glacier National Park.
Bozeman, Montana, United States
“Very friendly and low cost”
Reviewed 8 August 2013

She was super friendly and made sure we had the best time. I recommend this to any family or group of friends that want to have a fabulous western photo keepsake.

Visited August 2013

Tulsa, Oklahoma
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Shooting with Experts”
Reviewed 20 July 2013

My wife found this business when she wanted to set up a photo excursion for me as a Christmas present. Craig Hunicutt, the owner, was very helpful in finding the right excursion for me. I did a day at Many Glacier with a professional photographer and I learned a lot in one session. I've been shooting photos and video for years but nothing beats working with a true professional who can coach you and show you how to take the shots you see in books and magazines. I'd do this again. The pictures I got were some of the best I've taken.

Visited July 2013
Memphis, Tennessee
“Glacier Photo Workshop”
Reviewed 5 October 2012

I signed up for a 1/2 day photo shoot with Glacier Photo after talking
with Elliott, who was sitting on a bench outside the shop. I think he's
the one with the glowing comments at the top here. I thought he was the guide,
because he was pretty gung-ho. I found out he had been on a photo shoot before
and was back again. That says a lot.

I met up with Jeff Callihan at 4:30pm for the logan pass shoot. I thought I knew a lot
about photography, but Jeff gave me insights that helped me understand better.
We covered metering, metering for highlights, midtones, and lowlights. Focus
distance (hyperfocal). Shooting in manual mode. If you want to take control of
your photography, take your camera off AUTO. Balancing sky and landscapes with ND filters.
Shooting waterfalls with polarizers. Composition and lead-in elements. Perspectives
and angles of shots.

Did this help my shooting? Immensely.
Was it worth the money? Yes.
Would I do it again? Yes.

Visited August 2012
Davenport, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Learn to take great photographs . . . not just pictures.”
Reviewed 8 February 2012

I'm an old retired fellow who's taken lots of "pictures" in our travels . . . My wife and I decided it was time I take a class . . . learn more about my camera and photography and have fun taking really good "photographs."

I went on a Glacier Photo Workshop with Photographer Doug Dye and learned ever so much in that one day. A big goal was to learn about my camera's features and how to use them in dealing with light and shadow variation, distance and focus. Doug wasn't totally familiar with my Fuji S9100 camera, but did a super job explaining things for application with most any camera. He was also great at explaining techniques to frame the subject for better composition. . . . a super guy.

I'm absolutely amazed at the experience and what I learned that day. And, the scenery is spectacular. Well worth the money. Mike George, Davenport, FL

Visited September 2011
2 Thank Mike G
northbrook il
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“a great day above logan pass”
Reviewed 7 February 2012

i took the train from chicago so i could go over the going to the sun road in 5 days i went over 4 time that is a story of its own but i wanted to go out with a pro so i called glacier photo spoke with the boss and he set me up with doug dye meet him at the store at 5-30am he drove stopped about 1/2 way up and took a few photos i think this was to see just how good i was with my camera we then drove up to logan pass we then started to hike up to hidden lake but when the crowds went passed the ponds to the hidden lake overlook we went betweeen the pond and went toward my reynolds went over a little step and turned right we had hicked in to meadow of wild flowers at that point doug took over i thought i knew my camera but with his help his knowledge his eye i learned more in a day that i can not fully express here we hiked high above the visters center away from people all day and took photos of flowers water falls streams mountain goats big horn sheep and hiked to above hidden lake but below the overlook i took 500 photos and have to i got 25 great shot it was hard to pick the best over all the day i spent will doug was great i highly recomned spent the day with him in a group or alone like i did

Visited August 2011