My husband and I visited Glacier N.P. for four days in June of 2003 and chose to stay at the Belton Chalet. (Some of the park hotels are just opening the beginning of June while others don't open until around the 12th.) The owners have done an outstanding job restoring the Chalet and the gardens are awesome. You will find Andy and his wife (two of the owners) very personable and the entire staff very helpful and friendly.
We had dinner in the restaurant two nights and were not disappointed.
Back in its day (1910), this was a dorm-type, so don't expect luxury accomodations, but rather you may feel transported back in time. Would recommend one of the back rooms for light sleepers, as there is still a very active train route in front of the Chalet that runs all day and night. You can't beat the location either--right outside the West Entrance to Glacier gives you easy access to the entire park. I would definitely recommend including the Belton Chalet in your experience of visiting Glacier National Park.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a 1910 National Historic Landmark hotel built by James J. and Louis Hill of the Great Northern Railway. After being closed for fifty years, the property underwent a three-year restoration completed in 1999 and is now a National Historic Landmark. The Belton Chalet was the first chalet built for Glacier Park and the park’s first winter headquarters. Belton Chalet, family owned, once again welcomes guest from across the world. Thank you for being our guest and a part of our history. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Belton Chalet reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belton Chalet West Glacier, Montana
- Belton Chalet Hotel West Glacier