Staying at the Belton was a great experience, especially if you're interested in its history. One can see it was lovingly and carefully restored by its owners, and is kept in immaculate condition. The grounds and common areas are beautifully landscaped and inviting. The staff was warm and helpful. Our room was charming, basic, and simple, providing everything we needed. We did not get a chance to try the restaurant, but our appetizers in the Tap Room were delicious as were the local brews on tap. I would definitely recommend this as part of the "Glacier" experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a 1910 National Historic Landmark hotel built by James J. and Louis Hill of the Great Northern Railway. After being closed for fifty years, the property underwent a three-year restoration completed in 1999 and is now a National Historic Landmark. The Belton Chalet was the first chalet built for Glacier Park and the park’s first winter headquarters. Belton Chalet, family owned, once again welcomes guest from across the world. Thank you for being our guest and a part of our history. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Belton Chalet reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belton Chalet West Glacier, Montana
- Belton Chalet Hotel West Glacier