First the Restaurant: Wonderful! We were a large group of 21 and Melinda worked with me before we went to Glacier. She gave us the private Heritage Room. I chose six items from the menu and she printed a special menu for us. The food was wonderful. Everyone was happy with their meal.
My granddaughter and I stayed at the Belton Chalet after our week in Glacier was over. We had Room 30 with four windows and a fan and it was very comfortable. We enjoyed two more meals at the restaurant, the architecture tour, the shuttle to McDonald Lodge, shuffle board, hiking, and the closeness of the train when we headed back to Chicago. The night clerk, not only woke us by knocking on our door but also drove us the short block to the train station.
Thank you to the staff at the Belton. You're the BEST!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a 1910 National Historic Landmark hotel built by James J. and Louis Hill of the Great Northern Railway. After being closed for fifty years, the property underwent a three-year restoration completed in 1999 and is now a National Historic Landmark. The Belton Chalet was the first chalet built for Glacier Park and the park’s first winter headquarters. Belton Chalet, family owned, once again welcomes guest from across the world. Thank you for being our guest and a part of our history. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ebookers and Odigeo so you can book your Belton Chalet reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belton Chalet West Glacier, Montana
- Belton Chalet Hotel West Glacier