Belton Chalet
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Glacier Guides Lodge(West Glacier)
View Hotel
West Glacier Motel(West Glacier)
Vista Motel(West Glacier)
  • Free Internet
Apgar Village Lodge(Glacier National Park)
View Hotel
Village Inn At Apgar(West Glacier)
  • Beachfront
View Hotel
Hungry Horse Motel(Hungry Horse)
View Hotel
All reviewshistoric hoteladobe housemeatloaftrain noiseglacier national parkroom facingrooms are smallshower and toiletstep back in timefirst floortrain linecorner roomthere is no air conditioningceiling fanbed was comfortablegas stationstayed two nights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 May 2010

I visited belton chalet on my honeymoon in 2006....That night for dinner my husband had the most amazing unforgettable dinner I have ever tasted. It was a huge 16oz steak cooked to perfection but it had the most amazing sauce I have ever tasted. It was unforgettable and if anyone knows what im talking about and could get me that recipe I would be indebted to you. Best meal ever.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 February 2010

offers a main building, and 2 cabins(Lewis, Clark). We stayed in Clark which is closest to the Tap Room of the main building. Majestic views, the "Best of the Best" in hospitality and service. We went on a group hike with the owners of the Belton to the Granite Chalet. It is an 11 mile hike with views that make man feel small. Do some web checkin', everything is packed up to the Granite Chalet by mule or human. A real Treat to a hikers vacation.

Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 November 2009

The Belton Chalet is one of the few places to stay in West Glacier, and they know it. The rooms are shabby and tiny, the walls are paper thin, the noise from the street is loud, but the prices are those for a much classier and more luxurious hotel. The service alternated between grudging and indifferent, until I actually checked out at which point they were chatty, friendly, and helpful. Hmmm. They don't provide breakfast which means that you can buy their overpriced baked goods (they looked like they were bought in bulk from Costco) or walk down the highway to the cafe in the gas station for an overpriced breakfast. I wouldn't recommend the Belton unless you get a really good price. You'll be disappointed if you pay more than $60/night, here. Actually, you'll probably be disppointed no matter what you pay. And, beware their cancellation policy - less than two weeks and you are stuck with paying a lot of the room rate, even if you are only cancelling part of your stay.

Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 October 2009

My husband and I decided to enjoy a weekend in Glacier National Park and chose this hotel based on its historic connection to the park. The Belton Chalet was constructed in 1910 by the Great Northern Railway, though the lodge building was built in 1913. The hotel property has been beautifully restored and when you walk through your room door, it is like stepping back in time! I believe that this hotel caters to a certain type of traveler; those who are interested in history and want to experience it. The rooms are small, the floors creak, noise travels easily between the hallway to the rooms, the bathrooms are tiny, and there are no TVs or telephones in the rooms. However, it all lends itself to an authentic experience.

For those who are familar with historic lodges, each room is equipped with a private bathroom. The bathrooms are small and only consist of a shower stall and toilet (the sink is in the room itself). When I called and made my reservation, I specifically asked the desk clerk about the bathroom situation and was told that when the hotel was renovated, bathrooms were installed in the room closets because when the hotel was originally built, bathrooms were shared.

Alarm clocks are not standard, though they can be requested at the front desk. Our room (#25) did not have a balcony and was on the back side of the lodge, so we never noticed the railroad noise throughout the night. The room was decorated with an antique dresser and two chairs. The bed came with four pillows: two soft and two firm. This meant that both guests could choose their idea of comfort.

In addition, the restaurant was excellent; my husband enjoyed the buffalo meatloaf, while my steak was one of the best I have ever had! The restaurant was very cozy and had almost a romantic atmosphere.

If you are looking for a large room and free continental breakfast, find lodging in Kalispell. However, if you are looking for an authentic experience with close proximity to Glacier National Park, the Belton Chalet is an incredible lodge!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 September 2009

Let me first say, I still like the Belton Chalet. They have a wonderful location, good food at the taphouse, and a great staff. However, my disappointment of the removal of the breakfast significantly changed my opinion about the chalet.

Our last visit (July 2006), a continental breakfast was served downstairs. Not that is was fantastic, but it was very good. The best part of it, was the ability to meet other guests and talk. It added to the ambiance of the chalet. Without the breakfast, the stay seemed like any other place.

I am still rating it very good because of the above mentioned factors, and they have some of the best beds for sleeping (at least for me) that I have been in. I just wished they would put the breakfast back in place. It was a real disappointment. I am not sure if I will return next time.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple