Conveniently located 25 minutes from the airport at Kalispell at the West Glacier gateway. Despite a late arrival, desk clerk was ready and waiting for us. Rooms are authentic 1910 with carefully modernized bathrooms. Beds and linens high quality and comfortable. Grounds are landscaped attractively. West Glacier train station is across the street and trains pass by on their way over the continental divide at nearby Marias Pass... fun to watch from the comfortable balconies. Coffee, tea, hot cider and hot chocolate free in the morning. Restaurant on site offers a wide selection of good food. The staff was delightful... entertained our 10 year old daughter with ghost stories!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a 1910 National Historic Landmark hotel built by James J. and Louis Hill of the Great Northern Railway. After being closed for fifty years, the property underwent a three-year restoration completed in 1999 and is now a National Historic Landmark. The Belton Chalet was the first chalet built for Glacier Park and the park’s first winter headquarters. Belton Chalet, family owned, once again welcomes guest from across the world. Thank you for being our guest and a part of our history. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Belton Chalet reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belton Chalet West Glacier, Montana
- Belton Chalet Hotel West Glacier