Honestly, I would rate this place 2- 1/2 stars. The location is very close and convenient to the West Glacier Entrance but not worth the price of $300/night. The advertisement on the internet portrays a serene resort in a wooded type setting. The cabins all face a gravel parking lot and are right next to the highway. If you do not mind the noise, this is the place for you. I realize we were there during an unusually hot time but the cabins were so hot inside that we really did not want to spend any time at our place until after dark (which is around 10pm). The staff was nice and friendly and they did manage to find an extra fan for us. As far as the quality of the cabins go....they are cute on the exterior. The interior is very rustic but has not been updated for a long time. It felt as if the place had not had a good cleaning in years. The cabin did have a small kitchen which is difficult to find in the park. I think it is very easy to confuse the pleasant experience of being at Glacier National Park with a great lodging experience. The park was wonderful but the lodging was not. We did have a wonderful white water rafting experience here. The staff was wonderful and knowledgeable. Our guide even served up an impressive dinner on the river bank during our float. Don't arrive with high expectations and you will be fine. We are not "high maintenance people" but expected a little more for $300/night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Great Northern Resort, we offer 5 log cabins in different floorplans and 14 beautiful guest rooms in our brand new lodge, modeled after the Glacier Park Chalets. We aim to provide the perfect base camp for exploring the beautiful Glacier National Park. Enhance the quality of your Montana adventure vacation by staying in a custom made log cabin designed especially for you, or enjoying the shade on the wrap around deck on our lodge! Resort activities include whitewater rafting trips and fishing trips, yoga; as well as inflatable paddle board, inflatable kayaks and bicycle rentals. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers and Hotels.com so you can book your Great Northern Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Great Northern Hotel West Glacier
- Great Northern Whitewater Hotel
- Great Northern Resort West Glacier, Montana