“good choice at the end of the day”

Belton Grill Dining Room & Tap Room
Ranked #2 of 15 Restaurants in West Glacier
Price range: US$15 - US$40
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Belton Chalet Dining Room provides innovative Montana Cuisine. Our Chef uses local organic seasonal ingredients, Montana raised beef and fresh fish and seafood. We offer gluten free & vegetarian dishes along with nightly specials. The Belton Taproom & Dining feature Montanan craft beers, special cocktail and a distinctive wine menu. Seasonal outdoor seating, private dining room. A culinary experience not to miss. The Belton will reopen for the following summer season on May 26, 2018, see you next year!
Reviewed 26 July 2013

The Belton is a restored 103 year old inn that offers something unique and special in the West Glacier area. My friends and I often end up there for a beer or two after a day in the park. I have also enjoyed meals in the restaurant and food from the tap room menu. The service and quality of food have always been impressive. On a warm evening it's nice to sip a cold local microbrew on the deck and watch the world roll by. I recommend it.

Reviewed 23 July 2013

The service was first class and the menu interesting. It annoyed me that we had to pay for the bread with the meal, last year it was free.

Reviewed 21 July 2013

Felt lucky to find a restaurant of this caliber in the small town of West Glacier. Ate here two nights, with no real complaints. Outdoor seating is available and recommended on warm evenings, because there is no AC in the dining room. Enjoyed the Bison meatloaf and salmon. Didn't have dessert, but it looked good. It was nice to have a drink at the bar while waiting on our table. Would eat here again.

Reviewed 21 July 2013

I'm surprised to read some of the other reviews. We had two meals here - one from the Tap Room menu and one in the dining room. Both were mediocre, at best. The menu items are very complex (too much so). I love interesting ingredients, but this menu is a little too much of that. The first night my drink (a regular margarita) was terrible. The second night both our beef dishes were tough. The location is lovely and the staff and service are terrific, but it doesn't make up for mediocre (expensive) food.

Reviewed 16 July 2013

If you are looking for a menu that offers a variety of non standard entree options this is the restaurante for you. If you are looking for a chicken entree you will not find it on this menu. The food presentation was awesome.

We visited the restaurant on a Friday evening and found it was busy. We took this as a good sign. We waited in the bar area for our table. When the table was ready my husband waited about 8 minutes to settle the tab while I went to the table with the waitress. He joined me without settling the tab because the bartender never ackknowledged him! We sent our waitress after the tab. She had success.

Overall the restaurant has good food but is pricey at $25-30 per entree.