So, many of the previous reviews are right on. Susan could not be more engaging and friendly. A 13 year + veteran of the area this Inn sits in the woods, well off the normal path on 10 acres in the woods. Plenty of wild life i suspect creeps in and several bears have been spotted.
The dogs I am sure keep them at bay. if you don't like dogs then you might consider an alternate location. With our cisit three more large pups were on board and while they were not an issue for us (dog owners) the droppings on the porch were not a pleasant site the next morning for coffee.
Now, the "gourmet" dinner; Not so much. Seems like son Chris was voted off the island and the stand in, I think Chris too (or II) although a terrifically nice guy does not yet employ the skills to be called a gourmet chef. Poorly cooked fish and additional side items were average.
That being said the rooms were clean (although a bit "open" to other guest with respect to noise. The shower was killer however. I did not expect that nice touch when we first saw the place.
At $285 for two people including dinner the value was a bit high. Had it been a gourmet dinner the price would have been right on. Getting a "chef" to live in the woods in this area will be a stretch but knowing Susan she can sell someone on it. She is all sales.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Great Bear Inn proudly provides deluxe lodging accommodations in a spectacular setting, surrounded by the grandeur of Glacier National Park. Choose from deluxe rooms in the main lodge or comfortable cabin accommodation on our property. The unspoiled beauty of Montana awaits you just outside our magnificent Inn. Glacier National Park is less than ten minutes away. Hiking, white water rafting, fishing, hunting (seasonal), and horseback riding - the recreation possibilities offered by Northwest Montana are endless and the beauty is unlike anything found anywhere. The Inn is tastefully decorated in a style consistent with our location at the doorstep of Glacier National Park. An Oversized Continental is provided each morning. This includes Oatmeal, hard boiled eggs, fresh fruits, muffins, toast, fresh juice, cereals, and gluten free cereals, jams, jellies, honey, peanut butter, fresh butter, etc. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your The Great Bear Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Great Bear Hotel West Glacier
- The Great Bear Inn West Glacier, Montana