I will echo all the great comments others have made; it's hard to find anything negative about the Great Bear Inn. Susan and her son, Ryan (the cook) are marvelous hosts . . . enthusiastic about people and the services they provide for us. Their rustic, peaceful, lovely lodge is small (8 rooms; 2 cabins) and homey. Dinner was fine dining quality and would easily cost over $100 in any good restaurant. This was a bargain, Ryan. We enjoyed your friendly banter; it put all the guests on a friendly note with each other. Best surprise: 2 large washers and dryers on 2nd floor near our room; even providing detergent and softener for us. Use Susan's directions, not your GPS. We learned this the hard way
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Great Bear Inn proudly provides deluxe lodging accommodations in a spectacular setting, surrounded by the grandeur of Glacier National Park. Choose from deluxe rooms in the main lodge or comfortable cabin accommodation on our property. The unspoiled beauty of Montana awaits you just outside our magnificent Inn. Glacier National Park is less than ten minutes away. Hiking, white water rafting, fishing, hunting (seasonal), and horseback riding - the recreation possibilities offered by Northwest Montana are endless and the beauty is unlike anything found anywhere. The Inn is tastefully decorated in a style consistent with our location at the doorstep of Glacier National Park. An Oversized Continental is provided each morning. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your The Great Bear Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Great Bear Hotel West Glacier
- The Great Bear Inn West Glacier, Montana