The Great Bear Inn is in the top five of special places I've stayed. The location is perfect- close to West Glacier and tucked in the woods off the main road. The hospitality is genuine and warm and the service is excellent. The five friendly dogs running amuck are in charge of greetings and bear protection.
We didn't request to have our room to be cleaned every day but it was done each day anyway. The dinners are marvelous and give you an opportunity to socialize with the diverse and sometimes eccentric folks the Inn attracts.
We'll be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Great Bear Inn proudly provides deluxe lodging accommodations in a spectacular setting, surrounded by the grandeur of Glacier National Park. Choose from deluxe rooms in the main lodge or comfortable cabin accommodation on our property. The unspoiled beauty of Montana awaits you just outside our magnificent Inn. Glacier National Park is less than ten minutes away. Hiking, white water rafting, fishing, hunting (seasonal), and horseback riding - the recreation possibilities offered by Northwest Montana are endless and the beauty is unlike anything found anywhere. The Inn is tastefully decorated in a style consistent with our location at the doorstep of Glacier National Park. An Oversized Continental is provided each morning. This includes Oatmeal, hard boiled eggs, fresh fruits, muffins, toast, fresh juice, cereals, and gluten free cereals, jams, jellies, honey, peanut butter, fresh butter, etc. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia and Ebookers so you can book your The Great Bear Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Great Bear Hotel West Glacier
- The Great Bear Inn West Glacier, Montana