This Western lodge has an excellent, peaceful location, with a nice view, and the decor is very interesting in a thematic way; very consistent with the intended ambiance. The Grand room that we (2 people) stayed in was very spacious, comfortable, and well-appointed. We had a great stay for 3 nights. The dinners that accompany the room are truly gourmet experiences, with inventive appetizers, main courses, and desserts. We had delicious, original dishes that we never experienced anywhere else. Chef Ryan is an insightful practitioner with many novel ideas. This is something that you would not expect in such a setting. The breakfasts are self-serve and mainly carb-rich. However, one can amplify them as one wishes by getting some special items at a local market in Hungry Horse. Our Grand room had a mini-frig that helped with this aspect. Fresh fruits, such as cherries and strawberries, were provided. The proprietor and staff really aimed to please. For example, they continually gave my wife ground decaf coffee to use with the in-room coffee-maker, since the standard coffee provided in the dining area had caffeine. They also catered to special dining needs like allergies and vegetarianism. Importantly, it was possible to closely control the climate in the room to our liking. Yes, there are trains that pass a railroad crossing nearby and toot their horns, even in the middle of the night, but we did not find this to be a problem with sleeping soundly, given that we kept the window and door closed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Great Bear Inn proudly provides deluxe lodging accommodations in a spectacular setting, surrounded by the grandeur of Glacier National Park. Choose from deluxe rooms in the main lodge or comfortable cabin accommodation on our property. The unspoiled beauty of Montana awaits you just outside our magnificent Inn. Glacier National Park is less than ten minutes away. Hiking, white water rafting, fishing, hunting (seasonal), and horseback riding - the recreation possibilities offered by Northwest Montana are endless and the beauty is unlike anything found anywhere. The Inn is tastefully decorated in a style consistent with our location at the doorstep of Glacier National Park. An Oversized Continental is provided each morning. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your The Great Bear Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Great Bear Hotel West Glacier
- The Great Bear Inn West Glacier, Montana