“The restaurant!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Gustavus
Sarasota, Florida
“The restaurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2013

We didn't stay here - pity! But we did go there for dinner. It was recommendation from the taxi service intown. What a great meal. Imaginative meal - all components, and wonderful service. From the orange and duck salad, the carb louis (with dungenus crab) to apple tart - not a complaint to be had. Truly a gem. Bon appetit indeed.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 8853Mary

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Baltimore,MD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

Stayed at the Glacier Bay Inn for 3days/2nights---Jim and his staff provided us with transfers from the ferry terminal and to the airport.---as well as - transfers to all our activities. The Gardenside room in the lodge was adequate and conveniently located. Chef John prepared wonderful meals (BLD) during our stay-
Cabins for larger parties are also available---The staff organized a day of fishing for our friend-who had the very best time-- (You are allowed to keep 1 halibut and 6 salmon per person)
I highly recommend this Inn for your stay in Gustavus (Glacier Bay)

Room Tip: The Countryside room in the lodge has the best views and is the largest Cabins are for more privacy...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank SuzannePC
Nipomo, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013

Our 1st trip but not our last. Our fishing captain Forest Braden did not disappoint. We took home 190#'s of halibut, saw seals, orcas, whales. The Inn was wonderful....staff was very nice, friendly & couldn't do enough to make our stay perfect. The cabins were very nice & comfy & Chef Jon cooked us delicious meals & wonderful desserts. It was a wonderful family vacation for us. I would recommend you stay at this very special Inn.

Room Tip: Any room is good as they have heaters, televisions & are very comfy.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Carlsbad, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

This was my first time visiting this property but my father and brothers have been repeat visitors. I most defiantly will be back in hopes to having the same great experiences with activities, hikes, nature, staff and some of the best fishing I have ever done. I have been on many fishing trips in the past and would have to say this was one of the best run operation that I have come across. From the filleting to the packing the fish for travel, they can't be beat. Our fishing guide Sterling was great to have on our team, he helped us land some very impressive fish that we will be enjoyed far through the winter. I will be back and hope that my dad and brother can make this an annual event.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Arroyo Grande
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2013

This is the best way to experience Alaska. Not driving by in a cruise ship. There is so much to see and do on land. We hiked, kayaked, fished, golfed, saw whales, sea lions, huge otters, bald eagles, moose, bears from afar, many different kinds of birds and plant life(berries-Gustavus is know as the strawberry land) ate like royalty, and got a good nights sleep for the following days activities. Chef John prepared great meals morning, noon and evening including halibut cheeks as part of one of our diners. We fished with Forrest of True North Adventures, incredible skills and equipment. The staff could not have been more friendly and helpful. They made sure we were comfortable, well fed and pampered.

Room Tip: Love the little cabins, Each sleeps 4. Large, private and quiet with beautiful views of meadows, tr...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2013

The Glacier Bay Country Inn was the perfect accommodation for my first trip to Alaska. Coming from New York City, I feel qualified to vouch for comfort and quality, and Glacier Bay Country Inn was incredibly comfortable, authentic, and inviting. Although I had the option of staying in an individual cabin, I stayed in a room in the lodge and I think it was a good call because I was closest to the kitchen and food! In addition to the fantastic food at the lodge, the adventures of hiking, sightseeing (glaciers), and the salmon run were unforgettable! Oh yeah, they supplied all the gear necessary, including transportation. I was and am still amazed at the breathtaking sights and experiences I had on my first visit to Alaska. Thank you to the great people at Glacier Bay Country Inn for making this such an unforgettable experience. I hope to be back very soon!

Room Tip: When I come back with my wife, I would look for an individual cabin if available, if not I had such...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2012

This was definately one of my most favorite vacations by far! I loved this little country inn! It is tucked away back in the beautiful Alaska forest. The grounds were well maintained. It was nice and quiet. I satyed in a cain. It was clean and decorated tastefully. There were two queen beds which were comfortable with soft sheets and nice down comforters. It also had a large flatscreen TV and a cozy little porch w/ chairs. The meals were all amazing! I loved the view from the dining room. There are lots of windows that look out into a huge gorgeous meadow. I saw a mother bear and three cubs on two different occasions! It was amazing!! The food was delicious and very filling. They also had tea time with fresh cookies each afternoon which was a nice treat. There is a ramada with a fire pit. I loved the jacuzzi! It overlooks the meadow. There was also a huge recreation room with lots of big windows. It had a ping pong and pool table, TV's, a game table and a sweet theater room with tons of movies and lots of comfy leather recliners. There were also lots of snacks and beverages layed out to snack on. The staff was awesome! They drove us to each of our activites, packed us a lunch each day, gave us ideas for our down times and always made sure we had everything we needed. I can't think of one complaint. We definatley plan on staying here again!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family