“Great father and son trip!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Glacier Bay Country Inn

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Glacier Bay Country Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Gustavus
Phoenix, Arizona
“Great father and son trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

My 16 year old son and I were looking for a great trip to enjoy together. We couldn't have been more please with the experience we had at the Glacier Bay Country Inn. The fishing was great, we loved exploring the park in kayaks and the food at the Inn was excellent. We are looking forward to another visit this year.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Denny B

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Mesa, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

Yes, Alaska was on my Bucket List of must visit places before I die, and I am so pleased I choose Glacier Bay Country Inn to help me experience all that Alaska is or has to offer. The location is perfect so close to Glacier Bay National Park. The opportunity to experience such a wide range of activities: fishing, hiking, exploring, sight seeing, animal photography. . . . too many to list.

The staff and caring people at Glacier Bay County Inn really made the difference from a mediocre to truly custom and exciting experience. They took care of everything, yet gave me and my friends our own "space" to relax and enjoy our wonderful Alaska Experience.

I definitely would recommend Glacier Bay Country Inn to help you with your Bucket List Adventure.

Room Tip: All the rooms have a great view, choose ground floor suites are very comfortable. The Cabins are a...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

I have traveled all over the world and I can say unequivocally that my trip to Alaska was the best ever. I stayed at The Glacier Bay Country Inn for six days and cannot imagine a better experience. The accommodations were very nice, very cozy without being trashy or run down. The service was second to none and the food prepared by the gourmet chef was simply unbelievable. I fished for halibut and scored a couple of absolute monsters! I fished for salmon and could not believe how many we were able to reel in. I kayaked though icebergs and up close to a glacier. I saw tons of wildlife, including a bear while we were stream fishing, dozens of bald eagles from the water, a huge moose while on a hike, and all kinds of animals on the water like whales, sea otters, sea lions water fowl, etc. The boats were solid, safe, and captained by pros. After spending all day fishing and hiking, it was great to come back to the lodge and be fed like a king and then relax in the hot tub or in the rec-room and watch movies in the theater, play ping-pong, shoot pool, and chat with other adventurers about their experience. Simply put, The Glacier Bay Country Inn gets 10 out of 10 in my book. I have already booked a trip for June and am taking my kids this time—it’s a perfect place for a family trip or a trip with the guys, which I have also planned for August. Alaska was life changing for me, and I am certain it would not have had the same impact on me if I chose to stay at a different lodge.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Mike S
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

From the fishing to the hiking and extreme exploring, this place had it figured out. We experienced everything we expected to in Alaska, and then some. The staff at this place went above and beyond in every way that really counts. I wouldn't even consider another place for a future Alaskan adventure after visiting this place... There's too much to even list, all I can really say is that, HANDS DOWN, Glacier Bay Country Inn is the best! Thank you for the great experience!

• Stayed September 2013
Gilbert, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

I had some high expectations for my first trip to Alaska. I wanted to see wildlife, outstanding scenery and catch big fish. The stay at the Glacier Bay Inn met and exceeded all. The accommodations were great with comfortable rooms and excellent food. The stream and bay fishing were the best. We watched, as we relaxed by the fire pit, a bear and her two cubs pass by the Inn. On the fishing boat we watched the Bald Eagles as we passed by. I can go on, but to say I was pleased would not do justice. My son and I had an excellent, memorable experience.
Grant C.

Room Tip: We stayed in the main house which was convenient, but all rooms looked great.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Grand Forks, North Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

I spent a week at the Glacier Bay Country Inn with friends and couldn't have been happier with my choice. I booked the trip after several conversations with Jim, the lodge owner, he asked about our interests and then recommended activities that fit our needs. They provided everything (transportation, food, lodging, activities), we just had to show up. I was greeted at the airport by a friendly and professional staff member of the Lodge and we drove to the property which was gorgeous. The Lodge sits on 164 acres of prime Alaska frontier. There were small roads and trails on the property that I hiked with friends during some of our down time and the forest was something I had never seen before. The forest floor was coated with a squishy moss that made it feel like I was walking on a foam pad. There was a small stream on the property with an "Alaskan" made bridge going over it (trees chopped down and stacked next to each other and dirt placed on top of the logs which have now grown grass) which I thought was pretty neat. Blueberries were all over the property and we picked a big jar of berries in about 20 minutes.
I stayed in a cabin room and some friends stayed in the lodge rooms. Each of us thought the rooms were very nice and a great place to rest our head after a day of adventure. For being a remote place in Alaska, the rooms exceeded my expectation. We actually spent very little time in our rooms as we spent most the day on adventures, and the evening in the dining room, around the fire, jacuzzi, or big game room. When we were in the rooms, we were showering or sleeping. I frankly can't recall a time when I have slept better. The air was so clean.
Our days were full of adventures you would expect from Alaska, all of which Glacier Bay Country Inn staff lined out for us... whale watching, hiking, fishing for halibut and salmon, and kayaking at the glaciers. I could go on and on about each of these activities and we already have another tripped planned to return in 2015 at the Glacier Bay Country Inn. Our only regret was we had to come home.
Food was provided as part of the price for our package, the Chef and waiting staff were great and I certainly was not expecting that caliber of food on our trip.
All in all, I would not hesitate to recommend the Glacier Bay Country Inn to anyone.

Room Tip: I stayed in a cabin and my friends stayed in lodge rooms. Cabins are great for those that want secl...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank James J
Morgantown, West Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

My first trip to Alaska. The staff build the perfect days of fishing, hiking, kayaking that I expected but what I didn't expect was the amazing service and ways to relax at the lodge. The food was fantastic and original, a hot tub, rec room, theater or just sitting on the porch reading a book, I was blown away by the lodge and service. When I go back to Alaska, it will only be at Glacier Bay Country Inn.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends