“Returned for a Second Time”

Glacier Bay Country Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Gustavus
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Last year I came to the Glacier Bay Country Inn as a guys trip. I had the time of my life and decided I needed to bring my wife and two daughter back so they could experience it. The choice to stay was easy as everything was perfect last time. We had an absolute blast. The fishing was once again amazing. The food was as good as it gets. The hot tub feels perfect after a long day of fishing. Kayaking with my wife on her birthday was a special experience and one we will never forget. The serenity and beauty of this part of the world is unmatched from anywhere else I have been. The staff once again went out of their way to make us feel comfortable. I have travelled quite a bit and Glacier Bay Country Inn has mastered the business of hospitality and adventure. We will be back again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 5 July 2014

We've been to Hawaii, all over the US, Canada, Mexico and enjoyed a lot of places. But we've never been as amazed at what we saw in Alaska. Glacier Bay Country Inn was perfect. The food was so great I gained at least 5 lbs. The cabin we stayed in was excellent too. We took a fishing trip and caught Halibut and King Salmon. We got to see dozens of Humpback whales up close along with porpoises, dolphins, sea lions, seals, and sea otters. Way better than Sea World! We had the best trip of our lives here and can't wait to go back and enjoy it again!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank SteveAmyH
Reviewed 27 June 2014

My wife and I and 4 of our children just got home from a nine day adventure at the Glacier Bay Country Inn. We go on a lot of family vacations from San Diego to the beautiful mountains of Colorado, but this trip completely blew all other trips out of the water... by far!! We caught incredible, huge halibut in Glacier Bay, and hiked to amazing water falls and a plane crash site through the most breath-taking forest on earth. We saw everything from whales and porpoises, to porcupines, moose and bears. We kayaked in Bartlett cove with sea lions, otters, and star fish. Our cabin was clean, quiet, and cozy and our king size bed was comfortable. The log-style bunk beds were perfect for the kids. The chef and his food were incredible from the fresh halibut to the prime rib and then the most amazing deserts. (My favorite was the French Vanilla Creme Brulee) The staff was incredibly friendly, helpful, professional, and kind. We had a blast at night in the recreation room playing ping pong, pool and arcade games, and we watched a couple movies late at night in the amazing theater room. After a long day of fishing and adventure, we soaked in the Hot tub. Honestly, these words and the pictures just don't do it justice. It was absolutely worth every penny, and much more.

Room Tip: I think the cabins are more quiet, and worth the extra few dollars!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Tyler R
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

Tony and I chose the Inn for a short honeymoon proved a great choice. The solitude of being off the electronic grid, the scenic location, our own private cabin and bathroom were great. The best was the fantastic food by Chef John! Wonderful!!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BrendaHewitt
Reviewed 6 April 2014

This was the classic Alaska fishing trip that I had always dreamed of... catching halibut, salmon fishing and kayaking to the glacier. The Glacier Bay Country Inn staff had everything planned out for us so that everyday was a great adventure. The food was an unexpected surprise. I had no idea we would have 5 star meals in the middle of the wilderness. There was even great entertainment during the meals as saw two bears pass by the window of the dining room. The hot tub movie theater and recreation room were great places to relax after a day of adventure. We are already planning a trip back

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Randy R
Reviewed 1 April 2014

My 16 year old son and I were looking for a great trip to enjoy together. We couldn't have been more please with the experience we had at the Glacier Bay Country Inn. The fishing was great, we loved exploring the park in kayaks and the food at the Inn was excellent. We are looking forward to another visit this year.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Denny B
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Yes, Alaska was on my Bucket List of must visit places before I die, and I am so pleased I choose Glacier Bay Country Inn to help me experience all that Alaska is or has to offer. The location is perfect so close to Glacier Bay National Park. The opportunity to experience such a wide range of activities: fishing, hiking, exploring, sight seeing, animal photography. . . . too many to list.

The staff and caring people at Glacier Bay County Inn really made the difference from a mediocre to truly custom and exciting experience. They took care of everything, yet gave me and my friends our own "space" to relax and enjoy our wonderful Alaska Experience.

I definitely would recommend Glacier Bay Country Inn to help you with your Bucket List Adventure.

Room Tip: All the rooms have a great view, choose ground floor suites are very comfortable. The Cabins are a...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends