“Amazing Food”

Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in Gustavus
Price range: US$45 - US$45
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Open to the Public - whether you're staying at our lodge or somewhere else in Gustavus, take a break from the norm and come be our guest for the evening. Enjoy fine Alaska cuisine and great service you wouldn't expect from such a remote location. Choice of two entrees each night. Examples are Prime Rib, Roasted Duck, Fresh Halibut, All you can Eat Dungeness Crab and more **please call before 4:00pm to make reservations**
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I ate here every meal as part of my package with staying at the Glacier Bay Country Inn. The food exceeded my every expectation. I had read some reviews prior to my visit but for some reason needed to experience the amazing food before I would believe the reviews. Well done chefs and staff.

1  Thank James J
There are newer reviews for Glacier Bay Country Inn Restaurant

Reviewed 7 December 2013

is that you will have the opportunity to try the various restaurants in town. This is also one that I would recommend! I would encourage you to make reservations in advance either directly or via your inn keeper. Dinner is served family style and the moment you walk in the door you will be hit with the incredible aroma of the fresh baked rolls that will soon be coming your way. Dinner included (but was not limited to) all you could eat Dungeness Crab. We were fortunate enough to have our inn keeper (we did not stay here) join us for dinner and show us how to extract every morsel. It was a very enjoyable evening with great company and absolutely delicious and endless food.

Bathroom for dinner guests was a little off the beaten path, out the door, and through the laundry room and was filled with belongings of resident staff. But hey ... you are in Alaska and everything is different ... and that alone is an adventure and worth celebrating!

1  Thank LifesAnAdventure216
Reviewed 10 October 2013

To say it's the best in town would be to grossly understate chef Irish John's work. Dinners were imaginative and delicious. Breakfasts were delightful and often came with fresh home made donuts. I can't express to you how much I miss those donuts at this moment. It's borderline need.

Can't think of anything I disliked.

1  Thank Tim J
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Chef John prepares the best meals for his hotel guests. Diners not staying at the Inn are charged $40 per person

1  Thank SuzannePC
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Dropped by the night they were serving crab for family style dinner. Beautiful inn with its own vegetable garden. Dinner begins informally as guests enjoy wine, beer, and this night, salmon appetizers.

Seating is family style, 8 persons per table. Our meal included crab and halibut plus a bowl of garden fresh salad, baked zucchini and oven fresh dinner rolls.

Many diners are locals out for a special occasion, giving visitors an opportunity to mingle with real Alaskans.

Tab for 5 people, including our beer and wine came to $247.

Been to Glacier Bay Country Inn Restaurant? Share your experiences!