Blue Heron Bed and Breakfast, Cabins and Guesthouse at Glacier Bay Gustavus
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Gustavus
See available hotels
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 July 2013

I took a solo trip to Gustavus for four days iin early June. I had read all the great reviews about Deb and the Blue Heron B&B and it sounded like the perfect place for me to stay. And it was perfect! As others have said, Deb took care of everything for me. She made my flight arrangements from Juneau to Gustavus and back and she made all the arrangements for my tours. My tours included all day Glacier Bay Cruise, Whale watching with Taz and an all day kayak tour of Glacier Bay. Her breakfasts were magnificent. She lets you have your privacy, but is always there to help you or carry on a conversation.

I've stayed in B&B's all over the world and can honestly say the Blue Heron ranks amongst the best I've ever stayed.

You will not be disappointed if you decide to stay at the Blue Heron!

Larry

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Larry F
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Deb Woodruff the owner of this B&B goes above and beyond the duties of an average innkeeper. You will literally feel like family when you arrive. She greets you at the airport, provides any information and books events, cooks the best breakfasts (literally the best), and is always willing to help out in any way. The rooms are so cute, clean, and the best that I have ever seen at any b&b.The location is right in town and there are bikes you can borrow. I wish there were more than 5 stars because this place really deserves it.

Room Tip: There are family rooms with kitchens and even a bunk-bed for children and rooms for just couples.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank starotter13
Reviewed 11 September 2012

We had an amazing stay at Blue Heron B&B. We loved everything there, the location, the breakfast, our room, on top of all, Deb is wonderful !!

The rooms were immaculate, fully stocked with everything you will ever need during travelling. The location was great, short walking distance to coffee shops, restaurants and grocery store. During the summer there was a fantastic fish taco stand close by.

The breakfast was simply amazing! Fresh fruit, best oatmeal we ever tasted, bakery... in addition to all these, Deb will be cooking more made to order main course, all with fresh tasty ingredients!! She even paid special attention to our dietary needs (my husband is lactose intolerant). The breakfast was served in a lovely sunroom overlooking the wildflowers, all beautifully decorated.

Deb is a wonderful host, she is very resourceful, having lived in Gustavus for many years, she know the community very well and gave us honest and great advice! She helped us to book our tours and coordinated all our breakfast times with our tours and pick up times. She is very fun to talk to and has many interesting stories. On the last day of our travel, she even took the time to drive us around to the pier to see humpback whales, bald eagles and finding moose before taking us to the airport!!

We travelled around the world and stayed in many hotels and B&Bs. Deb and Blue Heron definitely hold a special place in our hearts!! THANK YOU SO MUCH Deb!!!

MM
Austin, TX

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank M M
Reviewed 31 August 2012

Deb is definitely commetted to her guests enjoying themselves. In addition to what other reviewers have written, I would like to add that she made dinner reservations for me and had extremely warm coats and accessories available for my day trips around Glacier Bay and whale watching exercions. In short, I just had a great time there getting to know the area, the town, and Deb as well!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Jan33694
Reviewed 4 August 2012

We stayed at the Blue Heron for one night upon our arrival in Gustavus, prior to our kayaking trip in Glacier Bay. Deb picked us up at the airport and gave us an impromptu tour of the town as only a 38-year Gustavus local could. Our room was quiet, comfortable, nicely appointed and relaxing, and the property was in a beautiful location and thoughtfully arranged. Deb has thought of everything -- bikes and helmets available for guests' use; every kind of tea, coffee and hot chocolate waiting for you when the mood strikes; and a breakfast for which she and her team went the extra mile (made to order omelettes, fresh sweet breads, and homemade rhubarb sauce, oh my!). Not to mention, every reference book, video and map of the area one could possibly need.

Thank you for a great start to our Alaska trip, Deb. We will be back!

• Stayed: July 2012