Glacier Bay's Bear Track Inn is a ***wonderful*** place. Janie, who is the owner of the Inn, is a very gracious hostess: she emails you ahead of your trip and greets everyone personally when you arrive. She is very knowledgable about the area and was very helpful in helping us plan out and get to all of the wonderful things that we got to see and experience (whale watching, hiking, fishing trip, and glacier tours were what we decided on during our three day stay there.) She made my family feel at home in the beautiful, rustic, cabin style lodge that was lovingly designed by her husband. After a busy day of exploring beautiful Alaska, the Inn was a wonderful place to "come home" to. Janie's staff was very courteous and helpful, the lobby is beautiful, with comfortable couches to sit on to read or talk or eat some per-dinner appetizers. My son bonded with Janie's wonderful dog, Bandit, who accompanied us on our 4 mile hike and played with my son on the grounds of the Inn. There were games for my son and I to play, novels on the bookshelves to read and a game room with a ping pong table and TV. Dinner was a great time to relax and enjoy a 4 course meal: soup or salad, a sorbet of locally grown fruit, one of 4 entrees to choose from, and yummy desserts. One night, the chef even prepared the fish that my son caught during our fishing trip and it was delicious and very memorable for our family. During dinner, Janie would go by each table to map out all the guests' itineraries for the next day so you were clear on what to expect. The rooms were very comfortable and we definitely got a good night's rest to rejuvenate ourselves for our next adventure!
We would loved to have been able to stay longer and would be willing to go back some day again to this special place. Highly recommended for sure! Thank you, Janie and staff, for making this one of the best vacations!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bear Track Inn is a beautifully handcrafted log lodge situated on 97 acres in Gustavus, Alaska. Walk into a lobby with 30’ windows, suede couches and a huge fireplace. Dine on caribou, buffalo, crab, salmon, halibut and more. All breads, dressing and scrumptious desserts are made from scratch. Guest rooms are spacious and comfortable with down comforters and pillows, and private baths. We are known for our hospitality, and for making your dreams a reality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Ebookers so you can book your Glacier Bay's Bear Track Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Glacier Bays Bear Track Hotel
- Glacier Bay's Bear Track Inn Gustavus, Alaska