“Nice place”

Ranked #14 of 24 Hotels in Page
Albuquerque, NM
“Nice place”
Reviewed 22 August 2014

My husband and I stayed here for a couple nights in May. It was a nice property, but we had arrived RIGHT at the cusp of the summer season starting.
Our room overlooked the lake and was located on the second floor. We arrived right at nightfall, so we got to see the moon rising over the reflective lake. It was a nice welcome after a long day of driving from NM. The room was a decent size, modern in decor, it was clean, it was comfortable (I loved the bed), and had a decent amount of amenities.
The first night, we grabbed snacky food at the grille. Decent burger, fries, and pizza... enough to take back to our room for leftovers. It was good, it wasn't gourmet, but I wasn't expecting it to be. The staff there was really nice too. We decided to hit up the hot tub before it closed, but since the season hadn't "officially" begun, it wasn't too warm. My husband loved it, but I wanted it a little warmer. Lucky for me, the next night it was nice and toasty. There are two pools, but since it wasn't too warm during our stay, I didn't take a dip in those.
As far as lake proximity, you won't find a better place! There were several dining options (we only took advantage of the grille and the bar though so I can't touch on those) but it wasn't a far drive from town to try off-campus fare. We did that our second (last) night there, and it was very fun!
The biggest disadvantage we encountered were some of the other guests... many seemed to be entitled. I held the door open for an older lady, which actually I bent my finger back to the point it was painful trying to catch the door for her, and she just gave me a dirty look! I didn't expect praise, but would it have killed her to maybe look neutral at best? Some of the fellow guests was my only issue. The staff was fine.
What I really loved was that the hotel (and the lake Powell area in general from what I encountered) seemed to really make efforts to be eco-friendly. EVERY waste can I came across had options for recyclable material. I know this isn't everyone's top priority, but it won major points with me.
The bed was large and comfy, and my husband took advantage of the Keurig in our room. A convenient way to access caffeine was a great start for a fun day on the lake.
Overall, I would recommend this property for those not staying directly on the lake.

Room Tip: It's a large property. If you can overlook the lake, try to do so. I'm sure the ones overloo...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (487)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

Room was nice and it's a great location. The problem here is with the lack of customer service.

The girl at the front desk didn't seem to know anything about Lake Powell, despite living there. I had to call the front desk three times in order to get a roll away bed delivered.

Also, we rented a motorboat and learned it had low oil once we drove out into the lake. As we slowly limped back to dock, forced to hear an annoying beeping noise from the engine, we were told a mechanic would drive out to fix it right away. One hour later, no mechanic. Then, when we finally made it back, some jerk told us we had to fill up the oil and gas, and didn't seem to grasp the concept that we were given a boat with no oil in it, so we shouldn't have to pay for a full tank of oil. Luckily, a girl at the desk gave us our money back... although the manager likes to hide in the back of the building like the wizard of oz behind his curtain. You can only communicate with this mysterious manager by writing your complaint on a piece of paper.

Oh, and the food sucks. I ordered some chicken fingers in a tacky, artist-themed restaurant and waited 15 minutes for the exact same chicken fingers my high school served (not good). The place is owned by Aramark, a leading maker or school and prison food, so don't expect much more than that.

Stayed August 2014
4 Thank Mwoik
Boston
Reviewed 19 August 2014

The place was average. The service was terrible actually. The view was amazing, but you can drive to see it and leave. The hotel over charged us by about $100. When we filed for a refund they did not cooperate. Now we are disputing with Amex and it has been a nightmare. I am a world traveler and I would advise you to avoid this place if you can.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank woldtravel70
Jason U, General Manager at Lake Powell Resort, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Hello and thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I am sorry to hear about the overcharge issue, please feel free to give me a call directly so I may assist in getting this resolved. Sincerely, Jason Urtubey - General Manager 928 645 1043
Huntington, Vermont
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

If you are a water person and love wonderful views of cliffs and the lake, this is a place for you. Rooms were spacious with nice bathrooms and wifi (although wifi was a bit iffy). Meals are available in the dining room (reservations suggested for dinner for sure) and there is a grille located at the entry to the resort proper and a restaurant on the floating marina. Be sure to make reservations for whatever water experience you want to pursue. The people are very nice and customer service is very good.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Halifax
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

Another one that the sat nav (tomtom) couldn't find - once over the bridge continue for approx 3/4 mile and in to the national park, where you'll be charged $15 simply to enter!
Checkin was ok. All they did was demand id and credit card then handed me a map and drew lots of circles on it.
Room was on a 2nd floor building with NO lifts. The room itself was nice but ours had an awful smell of drains, which when I complained, was told the maid would spray the room. One other point - the latch on the window didn't work. It had been replaced with a drop down bar (which was not locked when we entered), meaning I also had to enquire at reception. MANAGEMENT: a simple note explaining would be fantastic, rather than a trek and a patronising diagram from reception!

Hotel and pools were clean. To be honest, this above all hotels we've stayed in this holiday (17) seemed more geared up to take your money ($25 charge for mislaying towel etc)
Nice location, but thats about it.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Crazysurfkid
Worcester, Massachusetts
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We had a wonderful stay at the Lake Powell Resort. The room was gorgeous with a beautiful view of the marina. Next time though, we will ask for the lake view. You do not have to leave the resort. They have 2 restaurants, 2 bars, a store, 2 pools and a Starbucks.......what more do you need. Would definitely recommend!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank kerrycoak
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

I'm a retired tour guide and suggest you stay at the resort when visiting Lake Powell, it's got everything you will need and can arrange any tours in the area you would like. Lake Powell is a beautiful huge lake with canyons and red rocks. There is fishing, rafting, lake tours, boat docks and rentals. This is great for all ages.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends