“Home from home”
Review of Rose Walk Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Page
Rose Walk Inn
Ranked #2 of 5 Page B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 May 2014

A chance remark from Jim to my husband while booking our stay at Rosewalk Inn led to us arriving with 2kgs of old coins. I hope Jim's grandchildren enjoy their starter coin collector kits! We were the only guests for our one night stay, so the bathroom issue was not an issue for us and we had their undivided attention. Their generosity and hospitality is the reason we choose to stay in B and Bs rather than hotels/motels. We have the luxury of a common language and it is so interesting and satisfying to learn something about our cousins from over the pond.
As others have already said, the pancakes are delicious and local advice for excursions and restaurants was gratefully received. Good luck to the two of them with their continued expansion.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Jim was the perfect host, kept us entertained, yet respected our privacy and he made the best pancakes ever plus was kind enough to share Verda's recipe with us. Do not hesitate to stay with them and ask for sightseeing advice.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Laurence L
Reviewed 2 May 2014

As you can see from all the comments below, Jim and Verda ooze hospitality and kindness. Very down to earth and good hearted people. Jim went out of his way to provide pre- stay advice and booked me onto the best Canyon tour in town. But I kind of expect this from good US B&Bs.. it is partly this and meeting real people from the country that I choose to pay extra and stay..

.. but I also expect better quality accommodations than I got here. I slept fine and the shared bathroom was Ok as it was mostly only me.. but my room was small (even for one... ) over filled with nick- naks..and too much furniture and really really dusty ... That I was not so pleased about. Furthermore my room was not serviced for my two nights stay, the bed was left unmade and the bin was not emptied. This again I found at odds with my experiences of B&Bs... It sort of gave me the impression that the hosts, though very kind... didn't really bother much about caring for their visitors in these other ways. My advice to Jim and Verda is to just reflect on these comments and try and develop this element it would really make a difference. ( I see other reviews also mention this)

Another problem ( which is no fault of the hosts) is that people get up really early (5.30 am) to catch the boat rides..so rooms above and to the side of me ( and the bathroom, next door to me) all were busy..which meant an early wake up for me too.

So a bit of a dichotomy here, I liked meeting the people...but I was pleased to leave that room behind!!!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Val J
Reviewed 27 April 2014

It's hard to beat down-to-earth decent people.
As we say, if we want to find out whats going on in the psyche of a country; how people are living; how they get their information on political issues; what ARE those issues; whats going on in the locality; local know-how... well then, stay at a B&B.
Jim and Verda rolled out the red carpet for us, stayed up late for our untimely arrival ( my cell-phone operator had no coverage at Page...); Jim serenaded us with a bit of Elvis when pressured to do so the next morning - "Suspicion"... beautiful; and we jammed a bit that evening on our return from their recommended attractions.
As a previous review has said...Jim and Verda make you feel at home. All good.
And then, we were so full of chat the morning we were leaving, we forgot our camelpaks...and Jim chased us in the car, catching us on the road to Utah.....you won't get that in the Hilton....!!

Our Hilton in Page - Rose Walk Inn.

Stay in touch you two.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 April 2014

First, let me say we do not enjoy writing negative reviews. Jim and Verda are kind people, but the overall B&B experience left much to be desired. We knew we were going to share a bathroom with another room, but didn't realize we were going to share with TWO other rooms. Well, even that would have been somewhat acceptable, but, upon arrival, Jim announced that our toilet was broken! It remain so upon our departure. For the second night, Jim did move us upstairs to a larger room with a working bathroom shared with only one other couple.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Patti A
Verda G, Owner at Rose Walk Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

We appreciate all reviews, they help us grow. Something was flushed that shouldn't have been, the day they arrived. We had it cleared, before they lefts but it didn't affect them because we moved them upstairs. They shared two bathrooms on the upper level. We made the changes necessary to keep them comfortable. We feel very bad that we didn't keep them happy. We did what we could and we always try to do the best we can, with what we have.................................

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Visiting the Rose Walk Inn is like a visit with the relatives you never met. I am one of these travelers that does not like to share bathrooms, but as it worked out, we were the only ones at the inn during our stay, so it didn't matter. I am also a person that feels a little uncomfortable in interacting with other people...at least, until I know them a bit better...do I continue talking (maybe they're bored) or do I run off and risk being unfriendly? It's that sort of thing. But, I do travel a lot so I should get over it. However, I am giving Rose Walk Inn an excellent review as this was indeed like visiting old friends and we really didn't mind the interaction between staff and customer. Jim and Verda are SO nice and accommodating. The breakfasts are amazing (and I don't care for pancakes, but these were exquisite...light, but not overly fluffy. I do not like fluffy pancakes. Also, the syrup was a Navajo syrup which was not too sweet and delicious). I do wish Jim and Verda the utmost success in continuing to fine-tune and expand their work in progress which is their delightful Rose Walk Inn.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 April 2014

We have traveled quite a few times to Page, Arizona (living not too far away). Experienced hotels, motels, campground, & boat/house boat vacations. All different. This trip, we wanted a unique experience, so chose the Rose Walk Inn B & B based on all the positive comments about how friendly Jim & Verda are. How warmly you are welcomed into their HOME, far different from a business! This HOME is in a nice neighborhood, walking distance to restaurants & a killer view of the lake. Jim and Verda do their very best to be friendly and helpful. This B&B is a work in progress, our room was still being decorated, and they have plans for more expansion as years go by. One darling little grandson was visiting and we really enjoyed playing with him. If you are at all homesick and want to rest awhile with a loving family, this is the place! Unlike a tourist, for three days we felt as if we (almost) lived right in Page, and it felt good! One huge benefit of travel is to experience new things, get into the "culture" of the area. Try it, you'll like it!

Room Tip: We only stayed in the upstairs room (with private bath). I didn't see the downstairs rooms. If...