“Fantastic Experience with People Who Love What They Do!”

Lake Powell Paddleboards
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Come discover Lake Powell on a stand-up paddleboard or kayak for a once in a lifetime experience! Located minutes from Lake Powell, we offer rentals, tours, and sales. We are the only full-service paddleboard shop at Lake Powell. So whether you are an experienced paddler or have never stepped foot on a SUP (Stand Up Paddleboard) or been in a kayak, you will find all you need here at Lake Powell Paddleboards to get you out on the water, having fun exploring all that Lake Powell has to offer. We also rent fat tire bikes. We have a full line of dry bags, sunscreen, along with great prices on paddleboards, paddles, fins, maps and other gear. Come see our unique shop we built ourselves out of recycled shipping containers! Summer Hours(March-Sept.) 7 days a week 8am to 6pm Winter Hours(October-April) Monday-Friday 9am to 5pm Weekends by appointment only.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Los Angeles, California
58 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 125 helpful votes
“Fantastic Experience with People Who Love What They Do!”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

I recently had the pleasure of learning to paddleboard and going out on two excursions with Jordan and Joe, the owners of Lake Powell Paddleboards. This was a weekend I will never forget!

What really made a difference to me was Joe and Jordan's heart; they genuinely love what they do and it shows in everything they do.

Their shop is conveniently located in town with easy parking (important if you plan to rent the paddleboards and take them yourself). The store is neat and well-organized, with not only all the essentials (boards, paddles, maps) but also a nice selection of t-shirts, waterproof dry-bags, etc. so that even if you show up unprepared you will be able to go out paddling that day if you wish.

Joe takes care to repair the boards constantly, which sometimes come back battered and bruised after rentals with novice paddlers-and they replace the slightly older boards very often so you will always get a great selection to choose from, all of them 'like new.'

If you don't have the means of taking the boards with you and would prefer a lesson and guided tour, I highly recommend this! I was lucky enough to do two excursions, one around the Lone Rock area and the other inside the canyons of the lower Antelope Valley. Both paddle trips were unlike anything I've ever seen, and the two could not be more different:

The landscapes around Lone Rock were like Martian scenery, with white stone rising out of the water that was pockmarked like Swiss Cheese. The red rock canyons the next day were completely different, the colors vibrant and the cliffs imposing, like these majestic narrow hallways in a futuristic (or prehistoric) movie.

Jordan was a great instructor, gently correcting me when my form lagged and encouraging me as I improved my skills on the board. It was Joe's birthday on one of the excursion days, and he insisted on paddling because that is what he is happiest doing-working or not. Their great attitude and love of their surroundings really showed through, and they will become your friends after spending a few hours doing SUP.

This is a one-of-a-kind activity that is great for a family, couple, or solo outing. While SUP has boomed in recent years as a sport and recreational activity, the surroundings in Lake Powell are breathtaking and unique so you should do it regardless of whether you know how, or not. If you've never done SUP, it's a perfect place to learn since the water is usually calm and glassy. Bring your (waterproof) camera because you will see some amazing things-while getting some pleasant exercise!

2 Thank akostich_11

Colorado Springs, Colorado
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Awesome lessons and equipment”
Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

Had tried to Stand Up Paddleboard (SUP) in Mexico and could never quite stand up without falling into the water. Lake Powell Paddleboards had an excellent, patient instructor! I was able to get up the first time and stayed up the entire time, from Lone Rock Bay beach and around Lone Rock across the bay and back to the beach! Wonderful equipment - great instruction! Really enjoyed the adventure!

1 Thank Davis4co
Page, Arizona, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“First time Paddleboarding!”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

My friend Maureen and I rented paddleboards on 8/15/14. Joe and Jordan outfitted us with the boards, paddles and leashes and gave us a quick orientation on the sport of stand-up paddleboarding. She is a former surfer and I'm experienced in kayaking and skiing, so we hoped we could handle this at 60+ years of age. After a few minutes of paddling on our knees, getting used to techniques, we both stood up, fell off, and got back on. My husband brought my dog Kota to visit and take photos, so I put her on the board with me and we did it! We loved the experience and will definitely do it again soon - since we're lucky enough to live here we can do it a lot. Joe and Jordan are so nice and helpful! Their shop is a great addition to Page and Lake Powell.

1 Thank Ardie S
Bethune, France
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perfect day on the Lake”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

These people are super nice, they give great advice! We spent the whole day paddleboarding on the lake, and hiked into the canyon, it was amazing! I highly recommend it!

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Sopinch
Sacramento, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“SUP!”
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Spent the day with three teens and had the best day ever! Joe and Jordan took us to places we never knew existed. We saw evidence of the elusive "Lake Powell Navapuss" and it's lair. Lake Powell Paddleboard employee Colten showed us how to really relax! Can't wait to do it again!

1 Thank Lynette D

Been to Lake Powell Paddleboards? Share your experiences!