“Totally positive experience!”

Ranked #49 of 60 Restaurants in Page
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 12 April 2011

Our group was booked into this restaurant, and after reading the reviews, I expected the worst. What a lovely suprise! Good friendly service and the meal was great. The restaurant was full, and other diners seemed equally pleased with theeir meals.

1  Thank janetb39

Reviewed 23 August 2010

This was our last dinner before boarding our houseboat for 1 week so a nice meal seemed in order. It was close to our hotel so we could have cocktails without worrying about who has to drive. Three positives, the rolls, the view and the Mom and Pop western music. Thats where it ends.

The service was horrible. We were brought rolls and that's the only reason we stayed thinking if they were good then the rest of the food couldn't be too bad even though the menu prices seemed very high. But, a GOOD steakhouse can get away with it as long as the food measures up. This was not the case!

Our group of six ordered the prime rib, soup and salad bar and fried chicken. When the prime rib arrived it was about a quarter of an inch thick and cold. Like a previous poster stated, "it was a horrible cut of Prime Rib, filled with fat." I had 4 bites and fed the rest to our dogs, pretty bad considering I paid $23.95 for dog food. The baked potato was cold, no butter and the carrots were nearly raw. The chicken was under-cooked and the salad bar was a joke with very limited selection. The chicken noodle soup was disgusting with little to no chicken and no flavor whatsoever.

The waitress never returned to inquire why we hadn't eaten the soup or even ask how our meal was, perhaps she already knew. There seemed to be 2 people in charge, a man with a foreign accent with a pony tail and a cowboy hat and a thin blonde who also appeared to be foreign. When I approached the man about the poor quality of our meal, he smiled, and said thank you but never offered any kind of apology. If it weren't for the unsuspecting tour bus traffic, this place would be out of business.

This place is over-priced, under-staffed, unprofessional and serves horrible food. Is the owner of this place paying the tour companies to come to his restaurant? It's the ONLY reason they're in business. We won't return here and will tell all those we know who travel to Page to stay away.

Reviewed 18 August 2010

Hello, I'm french and I don't speak very well, excuse me.

2 days ago we went to Steakhouse Butterfield nearly Best Western Arizona and we saw in french guide it is correct.

We arrived à 8.30 PM and we took a bud and a Cola. We wait about 20 minutes. The staff wasn't nice. We had finally a small coca and beer. We decided to take a good meat (New York Steak and T bone with French Fries). At 9.45 our plate arrived, the meat was very bad and the french fries were awful. We were in America since 1 august and it is the first time we were so disappointed.

We payed 65 $. We were hungry when we left the restaurant. I have the feeling this restaurant wants to make lot of money out of the tourists ....

It is the first time I write in internet...

1  Thank FrenchGreg
Reviewed 6 August 2010

We were early to the Butterfield, just across the street from out hotel. We had heard nothing about it. We were seated in the far corner outside with a great view of the dam and lake, but a breeze came up so we moved inside. I'd have to say the food was decent and not expensive. As we were almost done, we noticed a music group setting up outside. The waiters had cleared the tablecloths off the tables because of the breeze and began seating lots of people out there, So we took our desert and took the last table. The group of 2 guitars and lady singer played C&W with a lot of energy, if not exactly on tune. But they were well received from the diners, who seemed to be mostly European, appreciating this "taste" of what they have learned from movies is the real West. We enjoyed the food as well as the music, which we were not expecting.

Reviewed 6 August 2010

Wish I had checked Tripadvisor prior to wasting my money here. The patio provides a nice view of sunset, but you can see the same thing from the parking lot for free. My wife and I ordered steaks, Porterhouse and filet. The Porterhouse was so grisly it could not be eaten. My wife's filet was totally raw. She ordered medium. Took so long for the server to come back, we just cut our losses and told them not to replace the filet. Just disgusting food with dirty silver, etc... We should have known better and not even ordered. Meals included vegetable: carrots and celery? Whoever has seen that cheap mixture in a restaurant? Mashed potatoes and gravy were both chemical mixes from a box. At least the beer was cold. Finally, servers and cooks walk around with hats and aprons w/Sterling Silver Premium Meats logos. Cargill may want to investigate this, as there is no way any of these steaks were even select quality, much less choice.

1  Thank DizWiz99

Been to Butterfield Stage Co? Share your experiences!