“Good location ,but just an OK motel”

Americas Best Value Inn Page
Ranked #21 of 24 Hotels in Page
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Good location ,but just an OK motel”
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Stayed for 3 pre-booked nights at this motel. Intended to enjoy benefits of Lake Powell, but that was closed with Federal shutdown. Motel is situated in a really good position off the centre of town, and everything needed was in a short walking distance. Good choice of eateries, although I stuck each night with the Chinese restaurant over opposite, where menu was good and non expensive. Motel itself was not marvellous, but room was fine albeit exterior of building looked as if needed lick of paint. Room had all my needs, except for some reason not a coffee/tea maker. Disappointing when I didn't require hair drier nor iron, etc. However, there was a courtesy internet terminal in hotel reception for guests to use, despite keyboard having seen better days. Cleanliness throughout was just average for this type of budget motel, with service being just a little better. For, the nightly rate paid I might have expected a much higher standard of motel, but Page motel prices were at a premium in the fall, when I booked. However, room rates obviously must have dropped considerably during period of lake closure.
In summary then, this is not a motel which I would recommend but neither is it a motel which I would warn against. I would stay there again, but only if nightly rate reflected value for my dollars. Breakfast was just sufficient for me, but had my fill by going early.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 30 August 2013

That what you can book for price wise online and what you pay as a walk-in are two vastly different things! The person in front of me got a room for $99 and I had pre-booked at $169.. Needless to say I raised an eyebrow and got the same price. The room we got was recently renovated and the woman at the counter was great. For the $99 I was happy as it was only an overnight stop to go rafting the next morning early. The highlight of the visit (aside from rafting) was the Indian place around the corner. The room was what it was, basic, comfy and clean. Breakfast was quite lackluster, but filled the void with hot coffee and a bagel before our rafting adventure. Totally average- just watch your pocketbook!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank SpicyCEO
Kuwait City, Kuwait
Reviewed 5 August 2013

We stayed here for two nights. The location is excellent, the hotel being situated within a few hundred meters from the main street, eating joints and the travel agents which conduct the tours to the canyons. The property is very neat and tidy and the rooms are spacious. We stayed in a double twin bed accomodation with my wife and two children aged 11 and 15 and there was ample space to keep or luggage. The staff were very friendly and helpful. We gathered a lot of useful tips from them. The breakfast was modest but we did not expect a lot considering the price. Ten out of Ten to the Best value Inn. I shall strongly recommend it to any one visting Page AZ

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 June 2013

I reserved a room here on the morning of my arrival. It would not have been my first choice but it was a busy Friday in Page and there were few options. On arrival (the motel is located in a back street) I found the AC was extremely weak (not good in 100+ F temps in Page), one bedspread had a yellow stain (although alone, only double queen rooms were available) and the phone was disconnected. Very frustratingly, I had no wifi access in my room, and I needed it to complete some work. I reported this to the front desk and asked if I could be moved and was told all other rooms were occupied. I could connect in some places, but the signal was always weak. The desk clerk contacted a "technician" and told me that there was a local problem and "half of Page" was without Internet. I called her bluff and drove to three other nearby motels that had perfectly good access in their parking lots. On reporting this to the clerk, she put me in contact with the motel owner by phone. The guy was unbelievably disrespectful, aggressive and dismissive; such unprofessionalism that I had never seen having stayed at hundreds of motels in 47 states on business. I asked for a refund as I was not happy with the room and would like to take my business elsewhere and he refused to refund me point blank! Then, miraculously, a room was available (one in which a router was sited but with equally terrible AC) as another guest had "decided to move upstairs". In the meantime two groups of tourists had also got walk-up rooms. The owner turned up at the motel later but made no effort to speak to me. I strongly suggest to any visitor to Page to avoid this establishment at all costs; if you are not happy with your room and want to leave, they will refuse to give you your money back.

Room Tip: Avoid this motel. Book early and you will have no problem finding a good value motel in Page. This m...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
Reviewed 18 June 2013

Stayed 2 nights here on our visit to Page to see the horse shoe bend, antelope canyon and glen dam visitor centre. For a reasonable price, we got comfortable beds, pillows, awesome breakfast, free wifi, minibar, microwave and bath tub. Truly best value as the name implies!

Pros
1.Big and clean room
2.Comfortable queen beds and pillows
3.Fully equipped with minibar, microwave & coffee maker
4.Close to eateries (Taco Bell just in front of it)
5.Great breakfast (with cold eggs) and other items.
6.Laundry is nearby.

Cons
1.Really none. Close to everywhere in Page.

Overall, a truly best value place to stay in Page. Will stay here again if we visit Page in the future.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Boo R
Reviewed 22 April 2013 via mobile

We pulled into page quite late one night, and decided upon this hotel. The gentleman who checked us in was friendly, and have us a discounted rate; service overall was friendly. The room was bask and adequate, though the beds were not too comfortable. There was also a fair amount of noise in the morning with housekeeping out and about.

Would possibly stay here again ... Just depending on need for value and comfort.

• Stayed April 2013
Reviewed 21 February 2013 via mobile

Nasty there was hair on all the pillows we complained to the clerk and he offered us a different room we went in there and there was hair on all the pillows in this room also the clerk offered us new sheets while he went to get those we noticed that there was pee staines on both of the bed spreads it was discusting we asked for our money back the clerk agreed to do that but later we found out they charged us twice for the room it took 2 days for them to credit this . we went to quality inn right up the street with a view of the dam the room was cheeper and it was a five star hotel compared to this one. large rooms beautiful with frige microwave and coffee pot so dont stay here go to quailty inn they also have a full free breakfast.

• Stayed February 2013