“Sorry, not that good!” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #22 of 24 Hotels in Page
Caerphilly, United Kingdom
“Sorry, not that good!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

I wasn't too impressed with this particular Travelodge to be honest, rooms dated and cold, old style TV and décor. The free snacks for breakfast were fine and filled a gap though. I think there was free coffee in reception (I didn't try this) and also free internet, but this was so slow we gave up in the end. If you stay here, visit Ken's Old West restaurant (behind the Best Western opposite). Don't be put off by the outside, it's like the tardis inside, massive, and really nice home cooked food - huge portions but you can split a plate for a $5 charge.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Amanda C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Oakland, California, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2013

I've always wanted to see the Grand Canyon and this was the year. I've saved my money which is difficult to do when you was temp and a lesser wage then usual. My temp assignment end and I make my plans. grand canyon the 1st week then off to Carlsbad caverns. But then what happens....THE GOVERNMENT SHUT DOWN. National Parks will be closed. So what to do, I start cancelling my reservations, non refundable airfare, with $100 cancellation fee, waived. Thank you VIRGIN AIRLINES. Car Rental, cancelled not a problem. Super 8 motel in Carlsbad NM, cancelled, no problem. But then when calling the TRAVELODGE was not so understanding. Since I didn't cancel before 12am on 10/1/13 then I had to pay 1 night penalty fee. I didn't find out about the closures until that morning. Front desk person was over heard saying "why should we loose money" . I hate having to loosing $120.00 for nothing. Beware Traveler the Travelodge of Page AZ is not a friend to the consumer. And when I do get my chance to go to the GRAND CANYON, I won't be staying at the Travelodge in Page AZ. but at least they got theirs.

Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank David K
Hong Kong, China
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

it really terrible condition as lots of bed bugs and terrible management since they can ask the customer move out at midnight without provide any other substitute accommodation ( they just say no room is available and they will refund the rent to you later for compensation already, so they cannot help you anymore!!!!! )

Room Tip: don't use this hotel again!!!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank rtgm622
Antwerp, Belgium
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

checked in after a 8-hour drive so we were exhausted (little did we know what kind of night we were heading for).
First the door didn't close or lock, anyone could enter our room at any time but since we were so tired we went to bed...together with a lot of bugs! We killed between 20 and 30 bugs in our bed so we put on our clothes again and went to the lobby round midnight. There was this very young girl doing the "nightshift" together with her boyfriend and she said "I'm sorry, there's nothing I can do, we are fullbooked and so are all other hotels in Page". So we asked for 2 CLEAN blankets and we spent the night in our car!
Besides the bugs the room was dirty, the TV didn't work properly, the bathroom was disgusting,...
Don't go there!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank C V
Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

First the girl at the front desk is rude. After checking in and asked her if there is elevator for the 2nd floor access, she responsed with 'You don't need elevator' then sat back in the corner and browsed on her smart phone, leaving us standing in front of the desk wordless.

However such a cold welcome is just the beginning of our nigthmare. We spent a super hot night in the room with noisy A/C. To make the experience even worse, after we left rashes started to show up and soon spread to our face, neck, arms and legs. It was confirmed to be bedbug bites after the doctor visits. I felt so guilty to my whole family to pick such a bedbug house, never again!

Room Tip: if you want to be bit by bugs, then stay.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family