“One bad night”
Review of Travelodge Page

Travelodge Page
Ranked #21 of 24 Hotels in Page
Reviewed 29 June 2014

The room was dirty and dark. Carpet was in need of total replacement. arrived at 2:15 had to wait until 3 to checkin by then was 20 people in line only one person to do it and answer the phone and also take personel calls on her cell phone. One man yelling about no service and he had been waiting two days for things to be fixed. She was threating to call the police. Well you get the picturen Not what I expected from a Wyndham recommended Motel. Ice machine did not work and breakfast was all bread like items the milk machine and the orange juice machine did not function.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

We booked our vacation of the southwest back in January through Hotels.com. We have stayed at Knights Inn, Howard Johnson's, Moab Valley Inn, and Best Western, and have been satisfied with all of our stays. Until we stayed at the Page, AZ Travelodge. We stayed for three nights, and if I hadn't booked and paid for it in advance, I would have chosen another hotel.

Although we booked the room for four people (me, my wife, and two kids) we only had three towels waiting for us when we arrived. The room had a head board between the two queen beds, indicating that it had been converted from a single bed room to a double. Electrical outlets were therefore blocked by the two beds, so we had to take turns using the plug in the bathroom to charge our phones and cameras.

Each queen bed had two small pillows so that each of us only had one tiny pillow a piece. The carpet in our room had not been completely vacuumed (areas between and beside the beds had been missed) and the waste baskets lacked garbage bags. The screen in our bathroom didn't fit correctly, which was a problem as the tiny bathroom fogged up completely when anyone took a shower.

Being on the road for three weeks, we appreciated the free breakfasts offered by our hotels. Unfortunately, the continental breakfast at the Travelodge was a nightmare that we gave up on after two horrible mornings trying to access the scant food items among dozens of guests in a space smaller than our room.

Any notices (channel listings, towel policy, hotel map, etc.) we're stapled to the wall, and the bulky TV was placed in a recess in the wall as far from the beds as you could possibly place it. There was a half inch gap under the door, and the drapes did not cover the window completely, which are both big problems in the heat that we experienced.

This was by far the worst hotel we stayed at during our thee-week vacation.

1  Thank Michael M

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I stayed here for one night prior to visiting the Horseshoe Bend and the Antelope Canyons. I chose this hotel because it was in town and among the most affordable.

I do not have many good things to write about this hotel besides it being in a convenient location (can walk to restaurants) and among the lowest cost. Page is an expensive place to stay in so about $100 is considered cheap.

Here are my complaints about this hotel:

1. The check-in receptionist was not helpful and rude.
2. The room was dated, but I expected this.
3. There are few power outlets in the room and those were in inconvenient locations.
4. Parking was an issue. When I came back from dinner, I had to circle the parking lot and snag the last available spot.
5. Breakfast was not good unless you like cold pastries and toasts. No hot menu items that I can remember.

The room has a refrigerator which I did not use. The room was quite roomy but everything looked well used. Sleep quality and cleanliness were fine. The internet worked well.

Next time when I'm visiting the attractions in Page, I'll pay slightly more and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

We chose this place because we were visiting antelope canyon and it was in a convenient location.

The room itself was large and what you would expect from an average motel. However there were NO room plugs at all, so there was nowhere to charge our phones and cameras - pretty ridiculous. Also there was no shower fitting, so we had to run the bath to wash ourselves - not impressed. They may as well have said that they did not have wifi because it was so bad, we couldn't even connect.

We got past those things but needless to say we wouldn't be recommending this place or ever staying here again.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Well equipped room with 50 TV channels, fridge, microwave, iron, bath and shower. Free breakfast and free drink in the evening. Small swimming pool and laundrette. Next door to a steakhouse and close to other eating places. They even let me make two local phone calls from reception to book a lake cruise.

This was booked for us as part of a tour, so I can't comment on the prices.

No complaints from me.