“A lovely oasis in the desert”

Courtyard Page at Lake Powell
Ranked #9 of 24 Hotels in Page
Andover, United Kingdom
“A lovely oasis in the desert”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We'd been on the road for 4 nights already when we arrived at the Courtyard in Page and it was a lovely surprise as it looked so inviting. The check in was fairly speedy and welcoming. Our room wasn't ready but we were upgraded instead, at no extra cost, to a room with a view, As it was mid afternoon and a comfortable 75 degrees outside we changed and went straight down to enjoy the pool.

The pool area is really lovely with plenty of Cypress trees and vegetation. We swam, used the Jacuzzi and soaked up the sun which was a lovely end to the day.

We were very surprised that the hotel didn't have more of a restaurant than it does. The menu choice isn't huge and our fussy 13 yr old didn't fancy anything that was available so we looked at the helpful information screen in reception and went out to an Italian restaurant recommended there. It turned out to be a good recommendation.

We then returned to relax in our room which was very spacious and comfortable indeed. We had an early start the following morning so didn't stay for breakfast (actually went to the Denny's down the hill where the service was really slow indeed - looked like they were short staffed).

Would actually have liked to have stayed at the Courtyard longer as it seemed a very nice property.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Bologna, Italy
Reviewed 24 April 2014

My friends and I stayed in this hotel just one night but it was great! The hotel is big, very clean and well decorated. The staff was really kind adn friendly. The patio and the swimming pool was wonderful! It is in a really convenient position because it is close both to the Hoover Dam and to the fantastic Antelope Canyon!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Wilmington
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Super clean room! Even in often-overlooked spots like behind the beds and along the baseboards, it was clear the cleaning staff takes pride in their work. In fact, cleaning crews were everywhere we went in this hotel, keeping things sparkling and greeting us in a friendly way.

Our room was comfy and well-laid-out. We were on the third floor hall, just off the lobby from the elevator and I was concerned that this would be a noisy spot. To my pleasant surprise, it was very quiet and we had a most restful night. The entire staff was efficient, cheerful and helpful.

We enjoyed the breakfast buffet. This was very busy on a Thursday morning and there was a bit of a wait as we had a large group wanting to sit together. The hostess kept calm and got us taken care of pretty quickly, while juggling a lot of other large groups as well. (This would be my only tip - allow extra time for breakfast if you have to be somewhere in the morning.) We also ate dinner here the night before because all the restaurants in town were on a very long wait for our group. Easy to get a big table, and food was quite good. (Margaritas were excellent!)

This is not a super-plush hotel, but far nicer than I was expecting and I would definitely stay here again.

Williams, AZ
Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

Even though we only stayed for one night, I knew I had picked the right place as soon as we walked into the lobby. My wife and I loved the territorial style design of the hotel, the clean lines and earthy tones. The gal at the front desk checked us in an hour early, gave us a very helpful map of the facility, and had a terrific personality.

The room was exactly as requested: the top floor (4th) overlooking the canyon and the pool/hot tub/patio area below with a clean, modern room featuring good cable TV, free wi-fi, a desk area, fridge, sofa, and a very comfortable bed.

We did not eat at their on-site restaurant (Peppers) but we did enjoy a couple drinks at their bar. The bar is nothing to write home about (more of a bare bones set-up) with some decent beer selections, a pitiful wine stock, and only basic liquor on hand. No fine scotches, bourbons, esoteric liquors or cordials to sip. The poor female bartender was also seating guests for dinner but still took good care of us. Anyway, we got a nice glow and minutes later indulged in the hot tub and a refreshing swim to cap off a spectacular day.

We will definitely be back.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
New Jersey
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Clean and OUTSTANDING staff and I mean it! I had room issues and they were so helpful making my arrangements work even with a full hotel. We had a roll away and even with the two doubles we had plenty of room. Good size refrige and microwave. Beautiful pool area.

My only complaint is at this type of hotel I like the breakfast included and it was not and the bar had no red wine. I was not the only person in there that asked for it. Very lame wine choices (2). Bartender was so nice and they did have good beer so what can you do!

Monroe, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed 20 April 2014

We stayed at this hotel, had found a great deal. The hotel has a beautiful back drop with great views. The hotel staff was very nice, giving us tips on what tours to do. The hotel pool and hot tub was perfect, and the scenery around the hotel was nice.

Kalispell, Montana
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I happened to find a deal at the Courtyard in Page for one night, and I arrived with few expectations. I was warmly greeted and quickly checked in. The desk staff was super helpful and booked a tour for me to Antelope Canyon the next day. I was also given a fantastic room overlooking the pool. My traveling companion and I headed to the lounge and enjoyed a great conversation with the very friendly bartender who gave us some valuable tips on what to see in the area. I was impressed by the selection of microbrews in the lounge. The room was huge, and the beds were extremely comfortable. This was one of those stays one "lucks into" once in a while, and I'm happy I did. I highly recommend this Courtyard.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends