“Overpriced but good value”
Review of Clarion Inn

Clarion Inn
Ranked #17 of 24 Hotels in Page
Budapest, Hungary
“Overpriced but good value”
Reviewed 15 September 2013

We made a road trip from Los Angeles to Grand Canyon, then Page and at the end to Las Vegas. That was the most expensive place we stayed, I believe because Page is in the middle of nowhere and if you want to see the sights around it, you have no choice, all the hotels on that price in the area or UP!
Page is a perfect location to see the Horseshoe Band, Antelope Canyon, Lake Powell and the Monument Valley. We did that in two days, so everything is relatively close and easy reachable.
The hotel is a standard Holiday Inn, nothing special, nice and clean, normal size of rooms with big bed, fridge, micro and coffee machine. Breakfast is also standard american type, plastic trays and cups, eggs and bagel or bread, pancake and american coffee. Free wifi.
There are two things you should know. You have to sign a paper if you smoking in a non smoking room they can charge your credit card for 100USD. So better if you check your room after check in, ours already smelled like cigarette and there were some ash stain around the sink. The other thing is they have very limited number of double rooms, so even we booked one king bed we got a two queens. We reported these two issues but there were no sorry or compensation.
But over all the hotel is in good location, nice pool and clean rooms, but overpriced like all the others in the area.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Csondiagi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Guernsey
Reviewed 11 September 2013

We stayed here after the Colorado River trip. The room was good, with a fridge and microwave, our room overlooked the front of the hotel which was nice. Good beds, furniture and bathroom. The evening we arrived there was a huge electrical storm with forked lightening. We made coffee in the room and took it outside at 3am to watch the magnificent storm from under the front canopy. Breakfast was in a way disappointing after the buffets we had been used to, but strangely was ok for a change, yogurts, cereals, pastries, juices, fruit. Breakfast room was very tight for space and was a job to get past guests to the tables. Not a atmosphere to linger if wanting to relax, more of a buzz, busy atmosphere, we didn't stay long. People tended to bump into one another in the food area. Room nice, but as a whole probably too expensive.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank GuernseyMin
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, 26 September 2013
Dear GuernseyMin,

Krysllin G.
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 8 September 2013

We stayed at the Holiday Inn in Page the night before getting on a Houseboat in Lake Powell. The hotel was fine, overpriced, but fine. There aren't many options in Page so we stayed at a chain we were familiar with, even though we thought the price was a little steep. When we checked in the girl at the desk didn't even greet us, she just asked for my name then gave us our keys. Maybe she was having a bad day but we had just driven 8 hours to get there and a short hello would have been nice. We had the worst room in the hotel, 102, next to the laundry room on the first floor. We booked through Hotels.com so that's probably why but oh well. I had concerns we weren't going to sleep very well but there actually wasn't that mush noise after 10. I think most people stay here just to get up early and head to the lake. So overall, it was fine, the breakfast, which is included, was a bit scary, maybe stick to the oatmeal:) I wouldn't stay here more than one night.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank travelmonkey28
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, 25 September 2013
Dear travelmonkey28,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. Your satisfaction is important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. My apologies for any disappointment you may have had. We have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Karen C
spokane, wa
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Way over priced. The room was small and dirty. The staircases and hallways were also dusty and in need of vacuuming. The breakfast was substandard. Last, but not least, the staff was not helpful or friendly.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank cblines
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, 21 September 2013
Dear cblines,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. I am sorry we were not able to exceed or at least be at par with your expectation. Your comments about the room conditions and the level service provided during your stay that fell below your expectations have been documented and we are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction. Your feedback is very important to us as this continually helps us improve the facilities and guest services we offer to our guests.

We greatly appreciate your feedback as this gives us the avenue to improve on our guest satisfaction and I hope that you will consider us again on your next travel.

Janice A
Enterprise, Alabama
Reviewed 1 September 2013

We stayed here for two nights. The location is great, you can actually walk to most of the restaurants and/or tour guide locations. We were in room 100, a King "Suite". I don't know if there are multiple rooms like this in this hotel, but we were pleasantly surprised, here's why. I was expecting a regular king room with a mini frig, a microwave, a sofa sleeper and a TV, however, what we got was a two room suite with a FULL size refrigerator, a cook top stove, a microwave, a double kitchen sink, a few dishes in kitchen cabinets and a stacked washer and dryer! The sofa sleeper was in the living area shared by the kitchen area/W&D, then there was a separate door to the bedroom/bathroom. I was thrilled to have a washer and dryer right in my room, on my 2nd night there we were able to wash everything and it made the remainder of our trip nice as well as when I got home. Now, about the location of the room. The entrance to room 100 is right where they serve breakfast, literally. You open the door and there's people sitting at tables eating breakfast and trying to peek into your room because they are surprised it's actually a room there. This could be a negative for some, but when you get to smell breakfast first thing and all you have to do is sneak out your door, get your breakfast and go right back into your room and enjoy your breakfast at your own dining table in your very own room without walking 10 feet, that's very nice! One morning we had an early tour scheduled and we were actually able to eat breakfast (just after 0600) before breakfast was even scheduled to be served at 0630. The hotel computers (2) were very close by which was also convenient as I do not travel with a computer. There was always iced lemon water and iced tea available in the breakfast area as well as coffee and hot water for tea or hot chocolate, this was nice when we came in from the rain and wanted to warm up quickly! The minor negatives and the reason I didn't give 5 stars are as follows. The pool was closed. I do not know if that was because of the weather, there was a light drizzle or rain, possibly there was a threat of lightning?? The bathroom was older and had not been renovated so there was only a single sink and no area to really put your personal items like your makeup, toothbrushes, and whatever else you might like to have handy in your bathroom and there was really only room for one person at a time in the bathroom. The kitchen was a bit dated as well, however, I didn't mind, but others might. Also, the pancake machine was inoperative and this is what Holiday Inn has in lieu of the ever popular waffle machine. I would think they'd have a spare or send a machine overnight if it was inoperative, not to worry the famous Holiday Inn cinnamon rolls made up for that shortcoming. Overall we were very pleased. If I were to return to Page, I would stay here again and I would request room 100, but that's just me. I prefer the extra amenities over the resort look or feel. The hotel is very clean and the staff that I dealt with each day was very helpful and very friendly. I also watched the staff with other visitors, mostly from other countries who often had language barriers and the staff went out of their way to attempt to help them in every way possible. I used my Holiday Inn Rewards for this portion of my vacation. My first night was free and my 2nd night was only $40 along with the remainder of my rewards points, so I was super excited! thanks Holiday Inn!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Donna F
Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for one night while visiting Antelope Canyon. The hotel was fine and the pool area was ok. The reception staff were helpful and the breakfast was ok. I'm not a fan of using plastic plates and cutlery but it seems to be like that in many places now. The room was quite nice and the beds were comfortable.

• Stayed August 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, 18 September 2013
Dear jennilewes,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to place a review regarding your visit.

We are very pleased to note that you were satisfied with the facilities and services that we have to offer. Your satisfaction is of utmost importance to us as we constantly strive to make your experience a pleasant one.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write to us. We look forward to the opportunity of serving you in the future.

Dhan M
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 21 August 2013

We booked a suite here but in reality this is simply a run of the mill motel chain.
At $210 usd the price was simply too much for the quality of the accommodation.

The room was reasonable and situated within walking distance of shops etc. the air conditions through the night is too load, and even if it is turned off the sound of the fridge motor kicks in.

A fast serve buffet is included in the cost of the room, but it is reasonably basic. A real turn off was the provision of all cups and plates were thin plastic, and the plastic knives and forks were child side. A very poor image for the brand.

Room Tip: Look around, there must be a better motel in Page