“No matter how good ... if the internet does not work... 0 stars”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Clarion Inn

Clarion Inn
Ranked #18 of 24 Hotels in Page
Hackensack, New Jersey
“No matter how good ... if the internet does not work... 0 stars”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

From the moment I check in to the moment I check out the internet was so slow that I could not even log into IHG.com to search for another hotel. The management seemed so fake about this issue. NO matter how good a Hotel is and if you fail to provide a good internet service, a guest like me will never ever come back to your property and because of the frustration your hotel gave during my stay. I DO NOT recommend this Hotel.

Room Tip: If you need Internet go find somewhere else.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Frank C
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear FVChi,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent visit at our hotel and for providing us with your valuable feedback. I certainly apologize for the inconveniences you experienced due to the internet connection. Rest assured that the issues you have raised have been documented and will be forwarded to the appropriate departments for necessary actions.

Janice A
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Nieuwegein, The Netherlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

These past 3 weeks I stayed in HI Express hotels in Page AZ, Cortez CO, Santa Fe NM and Flagstaff AZ and I noticed a lot of similarities. In every hotel the size of the room was generous, but there were no wardrobes. A 3-drawer cabinet is not nearly enough for your holiday luggage and you are forced to keep most of it in your suitcase.
In general everything in the room was in working order and well maintained. Sufficient wall plugs to charge your phones, tablets, cameras etc, all at the same time. The beds are very comfortable.
The breakfast facilities were similar in all hotels and the offered ranges were identical. A typical American obese breakfast with pancakes, syrup and jelly, eggs and fried sausages, donuts, glazed cinnamon buns, muffins, stale bread for toasting, cereals and concentrate juices diluted with too much water. More than you will find in the average motel, but nothing for me. I took the only sensible products I could find like skimmed milk, low fat yoghurt and fruit, and bought the rest in the supermarket.
As a platinum member I am entitled to an upgrade if available. This particular hotel decided not to offer it because of my 5 nights stay. They preferred to keep the upgrade available for new reservations.
The location is within walking distance from shops, restaurants and most of the organized trips to Antelope, Lake Powell and the Colorado river.
The ‘high-speed’ internet is not stable and at best too slow for your emails or upload pictures (Off peak 50Kb down and 40Kb up).
Also the water pressure in the shower was too low.
Refurbishing is overdue and the prices are too high for what is offered.
In general acceptable defects that could easily be solved. I would recommend this hotel but only during low season when prices are more in line with the quality.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Arno B
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear Empire07,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. Our goal is to ensure that all our clients leave satisfied and we try our best to fulfill all our guest requests. I apologize for the issues you had with most of our amenities and the dissatisfaction you encountered with our service level. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Again, thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give feedback.

Dhan M
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

I walked in from the car park and I saw a nondescript lobby. Well, this did not bother me. Until I walked to my room. The carpet along the corridor had never look this horrible. And the room seemed to come from another age. Another complaint is that the bathroom sink is still contained within the toilet / shower room.

The complimentary breakfast is barely passable with its limited range and limited space.

I guessed my one stay is sufficient for me.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear IamQingfa,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the room layout prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

We stayed here for two nights as we were doing the Colorado River Discovery tour the next morning and it was right around the corner from the hotel. We were very tired from our drive from Colorado Springs and just wanted to order some pizza and call it a night. The young lade at the desk was very helpful when I asked if she recommended any specific place and she gave me two names but recommended one place and offered me a menu she had on hand. I was very grateful as I really did not want to search around for dinner. The room was nice and clean and the bed was comfortable. I was very happy that my room was next door the the wash room because I also had a couple of loads of laundry to do that night. The front desk assisted with getting me change for the laundry machines too. The only drawback to the hotel is it states it has a pool and my boys were looking forward to that but the only pool I saw was about the size of a hot tub. This may not be the case as I did not explore it any further. So if this is a big plus for you I would call and check on that before hand.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
OFALLON
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

Biggest negative is they DO NOT offer government rate. Every other holiday inn we have stayed in offered this rate regardless of time of season. We stayed here for one night. Checked in at 10 pm and chose this hotel as we are loyal holiday inn rewards customers and had been driving for over 14 hrs. The room was adequate and we slept fine. Recommend staying on top floor as we had no issues with noise from other patrons or local nightlife. This room met all of our needs but was definitely not what we expected from holiday inn express. Breakfast was good and we also had no issues with missing any items but the pancake machine was still broken (an issue they have not fixed based on other reviews). Overall this was an adequate hotel if needed in a pinch but was WAY overpriced based on accommodations.

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank BabyGBux
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear BabyGBux,

Thank you for writing a candid review. We are pleased that you enjoyed the breakfast items and a peaceful night's sleep during your recent stay with us. We are hospitality professionals who work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we strive to provide service rates that are competitive in the area. It is certainly not our intent to inconvenience our valued customers, but to instead provide good value, comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations.

We appreciate the feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve. Thank you for staying and we hope you to serve you again on your next future visit.

Kind Regards,

Tracy V.
Kansas City
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

The front desk staff left quite a bit to be desired. I arrived about 2 hours early and asked if I could check in early. They didn't have any rooms ready which was totally fine - I was early. I asked the lady at the front desk if she could recommend a hike near/around Lake Powell and she just shoved an area tour guide at me. Her attitude was pretty rude. I didn't expect her to give a run down of every hike, but at least a suggestion. Nothing. In addition to that, the coffee make was broken which was a bummer. The hotel is pretty run down, but the room was surprisingly comfortable. Sound travels in this place FYI......if I ever came back to Page, I probably wouldn't come back to this place, but it's definitely not the worst place I've ever been.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Dear Tricia M,

Thank you very much for your recent stay and for writing a candid review. While we are pleased you found your room comfortable, it is regrettable that the level of service you received from the front desk was a let down. This is definitely not up to our standards and we are constantly working on improving the quality of service provided. As a valued guest, your feedback is highly appreciated as this will be used to focus on improving guest satisfaction.

Should your travel plans bring you back to the area, we would love you have you again with a completely positive hotel stay experience.

Kind Regards,

Tracy V.
Sugar Land, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

We stayed here for two nights. We chose to stay here because we have a lot of IHG points. I had some trepidation before we arrived because of the bad reviews. The lobby area is okay but the hallways are terrible. It looks like a rundown hospital. It totally not a standard of a Holiday Inn Express. To our surprise, the room is very nice. It looks like they have renovated it. The room is clean, the bedding is comfortable, the sink has good counter space. The laundry room is a plus. They have two washer and two dryers. They also have cold drinks, coffee and cookies available at the breakfast area during the day. Hopefully they will renovate the hallways to make it up to the standard.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family