“a motel I'd avoid”

Ranked #17 of 24 Hotels in Page
Hamburg, Germany
“a motel I'd avoid”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

My wife and I booked (and paid) three nights in this particular motel. Having read all the average and below average reviews on tripadvisor I was pretty satisfied at first glance. The property was clean, even though during chek-in the staff wasn't friendly at all. The motel was completely booked, there was noch vacancy at all. Consequently ist was very busy.

The room was large and we had a fridge and a microwave. So nothing to complain about. What set us up was the moldy smell in the room. Having entered the bathroom we instantly knew where it came from. There were huge spots of mould. We tried to let some air in and kept the AC running in hopes to dry the air. No chance.

So we requested a different room. The problem was basically the same. After either one of us took a a shower the humidity didn't get out of the entire room. Despite fresh air and AC.

During hours in the room my allergies popped up and made a further stay impossible.

Even though we were not refunded for it, we left one day early. My health was more important the wasted money.

In the past I made very good experiences with HI Express. This was the absolute opposite. And due to the prices in Page during the summer, an expensive experience...

Room Tip: The further up the better!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jan_Hikelust
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, 9 September 2014
Dear Jan_deJay,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at Holiday Inn Express Page-Lake Powell. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Karen G.
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Gila River, AZ
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

Well we arrived at our final destination of the day only because we were running out of daylight. Other hotels were completely booked and luckily we found the Holiday Inn Express; took the last room, a 3 bed room. More than what I wanted to spend but had no other choice. Our room was nice and adequate for our stay. Breakfast was good; I thought the ladies attending to the breakfast area were rude. One yelled at a few patrons who didn't know how to work pancake maker and others for spilling juice. Overall it was a nice overnight stay, beds were comfortable and close walk to a few restaurants. Didn't use pool so can't comment on that, front desk staff were friendly.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, 8 September 2014
Dear PimaGirl,

Thank you so much for the feedback provided after your recent stay. I am pleased to hear you appreciate the room accommodations you received and enjoyed the breakfast that was served. However, I am sorry if some aspects of our staff service fell below your expectation. I appreciate you taking the time to help us improve our services by providing crucial feedback.

Again, thank you for your comments. We will look forward to having you back with us the next time that you are in the area.

Zelyn N
Westminster, Maryland, United States
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Having stayed a numerous Holiday Inn Express Hotels over the years I was surprised with my overall experience in Page. Although the lobby was very bright and cheery and the front desk people more than willing to help with any questions I was disappointed to find the the carpeting in the room very outdated and worn leaving one feeling a little uneasy feeling and withdrawn, although the bed was comfortable. Additionally 1 of the 2 washers and1 of the 2 dryers were broken, the toaster in the morning breakfast room barely worked, and the coffee was very week. My biggest disappointment was with the pricing of the rooms I understand business is business but I feel the exceptionally high pricing of the rooms was a price gouge due to the remote location of Page and the lack of other options. Given the overall quality of this hotel and cost I would take take my business elsewhere for the price but not because of the people working at this hotel, but due to pricing.

Room Tip: choose a different hotel
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kim A
Dear Kim A,

Thank you for your stay with us and reviewing our property

I am disappointed to hear that your experience with us was not what you expected. I sincerely apologize for we fell below your standards on room condition particularly with the carpeting. Additionally, I am truly sorry that you found our rates to be higher than what you have expected. Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver world-class service to our guests.

We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Dhan M
Midland, Texas
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Nothing special, just a convenient stop for the night. Price was better than other stops but still WAY more expensive than I expected. Room for 2 was $222 dollars for the night. There was breakfast available but I did not try it. Room was clean, staff was very friendly and helpful and everything in the room we used worked. No scenic views.. I would not have a problem staying here again if in the area.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2014

It is a decent hotel. Even though nothing very exciting about it, still I think it was a good choice considering location, cleanliness and comfort of the hotel. Breakfast was typical kind of breakfast for HI express chain. We stayed there for 2 nights on the second floor. Room was spacious, clean and quiet. Service was good.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Stayed here one night, thank god!

Ground floor carpet, looks like it's not been cleaned/steamed in years
Rooms nice and clean
We were on the ground floor and could here everything upstairs it's was like elephants were jogging, didn't sleep well due to this but the bed was comfortable.

Good parking and lovely lady doing the breakfast did the coffee early which was great as elephants got up early!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Dear BrianT1970,

We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. We are delighted to read you found the bed comfortable. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. It was unfortunate to see your stay was not as comfortable as it could have been due to the level of noise created by other guests during your stay. We hope this will not deter you from staying with us again.

Connie D
Riverton, Utah
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We are a family of six, and stayed three nights.

Pros: friendly staff, great location, comfortable beds, spacious suite (rm 200) for family of six, great air conditioning, flat screen TVs, kitchenette with stove, balcony, good breakfasts, boat parking

Con's:cockroaches (we killed at least 4), horrible smell coming from kitchen garbage disposal (we covered the drain and that seemed to stop the smell), cracked tiles in bathroom, old plumbing --the shower faucet would not stop running on our last day, the bathroom is old and shabby, door handle from bedroom to bathroom was also broken, mini fridge also not very cold.

I understand that Holiday Inn is building a new hotel in Page, and that this hotel one will become a Clarion. I hope the staff goes to the new hotel, they were great and addressed the room problems quickly. However, room 200 has problem after problem. I will not stay in the room again unless it has been updated and the bugs and smells eliminated. It's a pity, because it is really a fun place to stay.

Room Tip: Don't stay in room 200.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank zephanjavh
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear zephanjavh,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving feedback about your stay. We are glad that you found our beds to be comfortable and staff friendly. However, it is disappointing to read that the maintenance levels on site were a disappointment. We have taken note of the points you have raised and this will be addressed with management to consider for enhancements needed.

We all hope to have the opportunity of hosting you again to make your stay as best as it can be.

Pam G