“Very good Chinese food in Page”
Review of Mandarin Gourmet

Mandarin Gourmet
Ranked #41 of 59 Restaurants in Page
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Delivery, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Delivery, Takeout
Wallingford, Connecticut
“Very good Chinese food in Page”
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Went to the Mandarin Gourmet on the evening of October 7, 2013. What the restaurant lacks in ambience, it makes up for in quality of its' food. I ordered the Hunan shrimp, scallop and veggie meal over rice. The meal was very spicy and delicious. There were plentiful shrimp and scallops, together with a nice assortment of tasty vegetables. I would recommend this restaurant to my friends and if I were to visit the Page area again, I would make another stop.

• Visited October 2013

• Korean first
  • Thai first
Peoria, Arizona
“fantastic”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Wow,we were passing thru Page for 2 nights and were too lazy to look for a restaurant so we picked this one,close to our hotel.
What a surprise!We did not expect much for the price{$8.95 or $9.95} but the dinner buffet was wonderful,with lots of choices,good quality,fresh ingredients,tasty and the service was great.Kudos to the waiter cleaning our table,the cook and every one else.The place is also super clean.They were constantly cleaning around the buffet and filling it with food.
The owner or manager even came to the table to ask if the meal was o.k.It sure was and what a great value!

• Visited September 2013
“Tasty and Crisp”
Reviewed 15 September 2013

I ordered from the menu even though their buffet looked enticing. My order arrived hot from the wok and the vegetables were a perfect al dente. I ordered the Kung Pao three (chicken, beef, and shrimp) which had a nicely-flavored Szechuan sauce. The meal was plentiful and the price was reasonable.I enjoyed the customer mix of locals and international visitors. Don't expect everything to be like a big city restaurant here. Just relax, and you'll be fine.

• Visited September 2013
Page
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best buffet in Page!”
Reviewed 6 September 2013

I love coming to the Mandarin Gourmet; the food is delicious, the staff and owner are friendly, and the price is way affordable!

Their lunch buffet and dinner buffet are both fantastic, and their menu items are delicious! I love coming here with friends, and you can always see the owner walking around chatting with the customers to make sure they're doing all right. The service is perfect (waitstaff come by just often enough) and the food is great.

The sesame chicken is to die for, the spring rolls are different from any I've ever tried and are the best BY FAR, the sweet and sour pork and chicken are fantastic, and I definitely recommend the Crab Rangoons from the menu!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank rachum_05
Page, AZ
“I eat here often, and there's a reason! :-)”
Reviewed 29 August 2013

I live in Page and eat here fairly often. In fact, when I call in an order they recognize my voice and ask if I'm getting the usual! :-) (We usually order Mongolian Beef and Cashew Beef and I do recommend them!)

They do NOT use MSG (I have bad reactions and have asked them specifically). Those who criticize the food may, in fact, be so used to MSG being on Chinese food that they find it lacking. It just means there's opportunity to taste the other flavors! :-)

They renovated not too long ago to make a lot more room and update everything. Their buffet went from two stations to five, and it's a lot more roomy, with big tables for tours or large families/groups. And a great thing about that is that when they did so, the prices stayed the same.

The lunch buffet goes until 3 p.m. when they switch over to dinner. They're really good, too, about coming to your table if you're there kinda in-between times, and letting you know they'll be switching over, so to please help yourself to the lunch items before they do so. I do wish they had a soft-serve machine like every other Chinese buffet I've been to, but such is life! They do offer fruit and sweets on the buffet.

Lunch buffet is $6.99 and dinner is $9.99. Truly, you're not going to find a better price for a buffet anywhere around here, and the food's pretty darn good. You can do a buffet to go, as well. Don't feel like leaving the hotel room or your living room? They offer free delivery with orders of $15 or more which works out well ordering two dishes, and is very convenient.

The owner, George (well, everyone calls him George) is quite kind and makes the rounds to see that everything's OK and everyone's happy and doing well. The staff is attentive and they come by just often enough.

Parking is NOT an issue. Doesn't matter if you have six RVs all towing boats. The Mandarin Gourmet is in a plaza with TONS of parking space.

All in all, I definitely recommend you try the Mandarin Gourmet. And if you do the buffet, make sure to leave room for a "donut"... they're delicious, especially if you dip it in just a bit of chocolate pudding!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank wendy645

Been to Mandarin Gourmet? Share your experiences!