“Excellent Service”

El Toro Viejo
Ranked #4 of 33 Restaurants in Brigham City
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We were so happy to find an El Toro Viejo in Brigham City. We'd been to the one in Logan before, and loved to food! This one did not disappoint and again were treated to excellent food! But the thing that stood out was the service - Our server, Craig, was so on-the-ball! He was handling several tables (lunch time) and never missed a beat. He was very attentive and aware of everything we needed. The food was served quickly from the kitchen and our waters were kept full. Their tacos are unique in that they dip the tortillas in sauce - a little messier to handle, but soooo good! Green and red salsas are brought to your table complimentary, with chips. Lunch specials are generous for a great price. Dinners are huge! The decor is festive and immaculately clean! Will definitely come again when in the area. Thank you!

Reviewed 29 July 2013

As long as you plan to take home half of your meal it is not overpriced. The food is excellent, chips and salsa to die for and service is good.

Reviewed 7 July 2013

(1) A Waiter ate food off of another customers plate and attempted to deliver it!
(2) Waitress I complained to argued with me about the quality of my order!

I used to be a regular here until moving away for a year. I returned two weeks ago to find that the owners have retreated to the main location in Logan now that the Brigham restaurant is up and running. My first visit since returning to Brigham was 10 days ago when me and my wife caught a male red headed waiter eating cheese off of a tostada and then attempting to deliver it to the table next to us. Which we promptly left. I have since attempted to contact the owner with no call back.

Tonight my family made plans to have the whole family go there for dinner. I was nervous about this due to my previous visit. Well I should have been the waitress only gave us our initial drinks and never returned the whole meal to check on us till we asked for the check. My food came out and looked awful my whole family said it looked like a T.V. dinner placed on a plate. When I explained why I hadn't eaten any of my order she argued with me that they would be unable to take it off my bill and then argued about the food having always looked like that EVEN THOUGH I have eaten it at least 20+ times in the past. She eventually returned and said the owner had returned her call and "allowed her" to take it off the bill but not once did I talk to a manager or anyone about my complaint. I have never given a bad review on Google but this will definitely be my first. ***POOR SERVICE, FOOD PREPARATION AND CUSTOMER COMPLAINT POLICY***

Still waiting for a call... Day 10!!!

1  Thank Marty G
Reviewed 16 June 2013

We stayed in Brigham City for the night and wanted a good restaurant. It's a fairly small town so were so pleasantly surprised when we found this restaurant! The decor is awesome, the service was exceptional and the food... AMAZING! What an enjoyable experience. The only complaint was that the portions were so large and the food so good that we were too full, even though we didn't finish our meals. Definitely a wonderful place to go and eat.

Another treat was the bill. It was less than $25 for two of us to eat! If I am ever back in Brigham City, UT, I will definitely be going back there!

Reviewed 8 June 2013

Having frequented various Mexican restaurants over the many years we have lived in Utah, we always walked away unhappy. They were nowhere near close to having good food.

Two years ago we moved to Willard. We'd seen El Toro Viejo many times when we'd drive into Brigham. But we never went in thinking that if the major cities couldn't get it right, how would a small town venue be able to.

We finally took the plunge a few months ago and have been back more than a handful of times. Fantastic food! Great prices and great value! The service is excellent,

Ignore the negative reviews. They are wrong!