“Tasty Food, Large portions, Quick Friendly Service & Decent Price”
Review of Trail Center Lodge

Trail Center Lodge
Ranked #3 of 34 Restaurants in Grand Marais
Price range: US$7 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Takeout
Gunnison, Colorado
“Tasty Food, Large portions, Quick Friendly Service & Decent Price”
Reviewed 11 September 2013

We stayed on Gunflint Trail & ate dinner twice at Trail Center. Both times the waitresses were friendly & the food appeared very quickly! The dinner salads with our meals were huge & the salad dressings were excellent. I had the 1/2 rack of BBQ ribs in their special sauce (meat soo tender, it fell off the bones) & broiled shrimp combo & he had their Chicken Parmesan ( a huge breast of chicken ) with garlic toast & house salad. Our next meal, we both had the prime rib
( 14oz.- a thick hunk of meat served with a small container of "au jus". YUM! ) He had soup - homemade potato bacon soup - I had salad ( WONDERFUL house creamy Italian parmesan dressing) DO TRY THIS HOUSE SALAD DRESSING!!! Prices were very fair for the quantity & quality of food! Try it & you'll know why they are so busy!

Des Moines, Iowa, USA
“Good food”
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Very interesting tavern and restaurant. The food was well prepared and good service. I enjoyed all the pictures and memorabilia on the walls.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great place to eat on the trail”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Always a good meal at a reasonable price. The only problem is everybody else knows this too, so sometimes you need to wait for a table.

• Visited August 2013
Texas
“Where the locals eat!”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I've lived in Grand Marais since 1985 and travel quite a bit for my business. When I fly into a new city I have no idea where to eat so I consult Tripadvisor but more importantly, I talk with as many hotel employees as I can and ask where they like to eat...the locals always know where the best food is! The longer they've lived there, the more hidden gems they know about. Well, after living for nearly 30 years in Grand Marais, I can share with you that Trail Center is that gem in Grand Marais and is well worth the scenic 30 mile drive up the Gunflint Trail. North woods scratch-made food at it's best and the same owners since the day it opened. In fact, they've have the same waitresses for the last 10+ years...why? It's a great place to eat and work! BBQ ribs to die for, eclectic burgers and sandwiches you won't find anywhere else, all served in a log cabin setting. Did I mention the cool country store in the waiting area with tons of local homemade canned goods? Outdoor bar and dining in the summer with a view of the lake...it's right on Poplar Lake! If you're planning a trip to Grand Marais, you MUST stop here!

Appleton, Wisconsin
“Great Food!”
Reviewed 2 September 2013

We were staying at the Clearwater Lodge and came here for lunch and dinners that were not provided at our lodge. The food here was great. My wife is a pretty picky eater and she was very satisfied with the selection here. They also have some pretty good beers. Lastly, we purchased some great dried foods for backpacking here as well. They have a nice last minute shop for some supplies.

Visited August 2013