“Malts and so much more...” 5 of 5 bubbles

Trail Center Lodge
Ranked #4 of 34 Restaurants in Grand Marais
Price range: US$7 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Cheap Eats, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Duluth, Minnesota
“Malts and so much more...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

Always "a must" on our trips to the Gunflint Trail - Trail Center is the best restaurant EVER! As well as having high quality food - their malts are the best! We recently tried a "strawberry rhubarb" malt. OMG!! SO delicious!! Can hardly wait to return next month for more mouth watering delights!!

South Carolina
“I will forever love this place!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Our last dinner before we head out into the boundary waters And our 1st lunch when we return!!! I love this place and if there was one nearby me in South Carolina I'd probably be a big as a house!!!! They have got the best cheeseburger - fries and Malt I have ever encountered in my life!!!! I literally dream of this place because I only get to visit it that time of year when we dive into the roughness of the BWCA!!! We travel a lot and dine out a lot but if I had to choose one meal in the world it would have to be here!!!! It's uniqueness of a "trail center" probably helps as well!!! The beer list is great with craft beers that we will NEVER have in our hometown. Great job Trail Center!!! Great food- Great Staff and great atmosphere!!! You deserve 5 stars

Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Pie to die for!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Heard good things about Trail Center so after our morning hike we stopped there for lunch. The burgers are scrumptious. My sister, from Ohio, was beyond thrilled with her burger topped with peanut butter and mayo. We spilt a piece of mixed berry pie for dessert and as a pretty darn good pie maker myself, I have to admit it may have been the best pie I have ever eaten! But I only got one third of it due to some greedy family members! Friendly attentive staff, enjoyed chatting with them. We bought 2 bags of their camp chow for home cause the samples we so good!

Hampshire, Illinois, United States
“Friday Fish Fry”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

This was the second year we had Trail Center's fish fry--one of the best in memory!. It turns out a good chunk of our resort (Cross River) was present, too! We're sure to go back next year. Oh, yeah--great beer selection!

Victoria, Minnesota, United States
“Best Breakfast, Wonderful Malts and Bread Pudding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

We stayed at the Gunflint Lodge, but the power was out and after that no Internet. So we drove the 15 miles one way to get WIFI because my husband had to finalize a real estate transaction for his clients. We enjoyed appetizers and bread pudding at night and breakfast the next morning. We also stopped there before we checked in because we heard they had great malts. Everything was delicious, the staff supper friendly and helpful. Good grocery selection and souvenirs too. Typical "Up North" decor. Would recommend to anyone who is traveling the Gunflint Trail.

• Visited July 2014