“Gorgeous cabin with stunning view!”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Beautiful Lake Front Setting!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 3 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Sheri L
“Gorgeous cabin with stunning view!”
Reviewed 19 March 2018 for a stay in March 2018

It wasn't my first trip "up north" from the Twin Cities, but definitely the most luxurious! Immaculate and cozy, this cabin was the perfect getaway for my family to cook, eat, sit by the wood-burning fire place, and push off from for a day of cross country skiiing. The rental team was courteous and responsive. Worth the money.

nanagee
Stillwater, Minnesota
“beautiful”
Reviewed 30 September 2017 for a stay in September 2017
person found this review helpful

First I will say the cabin is absolutely beautiful.. with a beautiful view.
Everything was clean and very comfortable. Great deck overlooking sag and just a great location (we were kayaking).
Now a few negative things:
1.) booking was confusing. I booked first through TripAdvisor (don't know that I'll do that again).. Confirmation came from Vrbo/HomeAway. That's fine, except I got either conflicting check in and arrival information, or no information at all. I had to call when dates approached to find out if I really had the reservation.
2.) And I find this very important - the water from the faucet is not potable. It comes from the lake unfiltered. I saw the water dispenser (very nice) in the corner of the dining room but just considered it an option not a necessity. I think there should be signs or some warning not to drink the water.
3.) My husband has great difficulty with stairs. I knew there were stairs up to bedroom and into cabin, but not that there were stairs up to kitchen; down to living room, and up again from upstairs bathroom to the bedroom. Stairs were a little difficult even for me to navigate, very challenging for my husband. My fault... I should have asked.
4.) It is very fancy. Would be nice to have instructions written out how to operate the fancy coffee maker; stove top (wasn't until 5th day we figured out how to raise the vent); dishwasher and the washing machine. I know some may think these things are obvious, but to a technically challenged older person... It's not.
and last 5.) I would think that at $400 plus a day and a cleaning fee, cleaning would not have been so stringent. There was a full page on what the guests needed to do to clean the place before leaving; including washing the towels and taking the sheets off the beds. I always give any place I'm renting a decent cleaning before leaving - like taking out our trash, etc., but I thought the requirements for this cabin were excessive. And my damage deposit was slow to be returned.
All that said.... I would go back in a heartbeat. If you know all the basics it's a wonderful stay.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Melissa R
“A hidden gem with luxury accommodations!”
Reviewed 22 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017

We loved our stay in this beautiful cabin tucked away at the end of the gun flint trail. My husband and I love to cook and the kitchen was fantastic. The views on the deck were amazing, overlooking Sag Lake. We spent a lot of time out on the deck and went canoeing several times on the lake. Enjoyed our delicious meals in the evening while enjoying the wood burning fireplace. A peaceful, relaxing weekend with modern amenities. We loved it and will be back!

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing