“Good break from weather”
Review of Grand Marais Municipal Pool - CLOSED

Grand Marais Municipal Pool
More attraction details
Owner description: Swimming pool, sauna, whirlpool, kiddie pool, water slide, climbing wall.
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Good break from weather”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

We went to the pool for the first time in 15 years. Our kids were sick of hiking in the rain so we grabbed our suits and headed to the pool. The price was OK, it was 5 dollars per person. I believe there is a discount for people staying in the campground. Our kids loved the pool. I spent most of my time in the whirlpool with my wife. They have a sauna and a climbing wall for the kids in the deep end of the pool. It's not something we will do every time we go to Grand Marais, we spend time outdoors! DON'T forget a towel. They charge 1.50 for the use of a towel. There were also 2 lifeguards on duty.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Jon M

Saint Paul, Minnesota
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Warm water reprieve”
Reviewed 15 September 2012

I have made a visit to this pool a part of my north shore trip many a time. What I enjoy most about this pool is the fact that it existed even when Grand Marais was less populated and not as well known. While Lake Superior is beautiful to look at and occasionally wade in (not for the faint of heart on the Minnesota shore) this municipal pool has been a welcome stop on many a trip north. The sauna and not tub are also appreciated. The locker room is nothing fancy, but functional. You can secure your belongings in a locker (key provided) - travel light and enjoy!

Visited August 2012
1 Thank janemarieh
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Time for a swim”
Reviewed 8 January 2012

If you're looking to cool off and can't handle the freezing Lake Superior, this is a great pool. There is also a jacuzzi and sauna. They provide a key to the lockers.

TIP: Be sure to save your receipt if you're camping and show it at the pool for a small a discount.

Visited October 2011