“Amazing!”

North House Folk School
More attraction details
Owner description: Modeled after Danish folk schools from the 1800s, this educational site offers up to 100 different courses on a wide variety of subjects such as spinning wool and sailing.
Reviewed 18 September 2017

We were here for Unplugged, took the singing & ukulele class and attended the Flannel Gala. We met great people and thoroughly enjoyed our short time here! We will definitely be back and I know I'll be taking more classes, as there are classes for anything one wants to learn! I love the idea of keeping old arts alive!

1  Thank 30phyllisb
"unplugged"
"enrolled"
"knitting"

Reviewed 16 August 2017

Crafts, teaching lost arts and new craftsmanship. A boat (a two-master) for short cruises. Baking. Sewing. Basket making. Fishery. Canoe making. Cabinetry/joinery. A friend is going to take a four day course on building stone pizza ovens! A small craft shop on site.

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

I have enrolled in classes three times. The first was a bread making class with our teenage daughter and a friend. It was great and I enjoyed the wood fire oven. Soap making is a perfect class for a beginner and I'll be taking a knitting class next month. There is something for everyone, all ages and interests. Whenever I look at their course offerings, I am inspired to learn something new!

Reviewed 4 July 2017

Many classes to choose from, sign up early because classes fill up quickly. I took a beginning knitting class with the instructor coming from Wisconsin. My class was on the second floor over looking the harbor-beautiful view. The instructor was friendly, very patient and gave frequent one on one attention. There is plenty to do with great hiking around the area to make a nice vacation of your stay.