“very disappointed”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 9 June 2013

We went to Grand Marais for a fun weekend getaway...resort was a big disappointment, and honestly I think it was the worst service I have ever had at a hotel. We had no towels or shampoo/conditioner ...and at 730 in the morning there is no staff on duty, so we found the laundry room and a maids cart and got the stuff ourselves. When we got back at about 6pm our room had not been cleaned or bed made. I complained to the only staff person I could find, who was the bartender who told me she would talk to the owner/manager. Not sure what good that was as we never heard back from anyone and the next morning we got our own towels again. I was going to complain but again no one was working at the resort when we left at 830.

Reviewed 28 August 2012

We saw Cook County's Most wanted on Sunday night. I think they are regulars there. Great group of musicians! Good food and drinks. A great way tomspendban evening after fishing all day.

1  Thank Cathric
Reviewed 14 July 2012

Food was GREAT. Wonderful lakeside view. Friendly service. Will definitely return.

1  Thank MNgrrrl
Reviewed 24 February 2012

Stayed here many times before but this time we got put in a bottom area of the lodge near the hot tub area and anytime that the hot tub was used you had to listen to the LOUD hum of the hot tub. I understand it was a packed lodge/ resort that weekend but when trying to tell the staff about the issue and the loudness of our neighbors GOOD LUCK no one answered phones or emails.
We have in years past had no problems with dealing with problems and they have been taken care of this time this was enough for us to look into finding other places to go to stay for future snowmobiling trips.
This was also the first time we had horrible restaurant service too. Food was good but that was it. Our next time up to the Gunflint area, staying somewhere else and visiting the Landing again for a stop in the trail we experienced horrible wait staff again but good food!

Reviewed 25 November 2011

We have a cabin in the Grand Marais area, so we've eaten at The Landing many times. It is a very comfortable place to go, with a great setting looking down the lake, and a big play area outside for kids. Their food is quite good. The ribs are great, and they have great desserts, including creme brule. During the summer they often have salmon grilled on cedar planks. On weekends they often have live music. The people are very accommodating, and the service is excellent.

1  Thank tallguy442