“They live up to their name”

World's Best Donuts
Ranked #1 of 4 Dessert in Grand Marais
Price range: US$1 - US$2
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: We are on the corner of Wisconsin Street and Broadway. Look for the cute little red building with the white scallops.
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Simply wonderful. While they have coffee and a seating area, this is all about GREAT donuts. Yes, you may wind up standing outside in the line waiting to order; this only seems to happen when the product is in demand. This is one of those places! Even the small amount of "day old" donuts is wonderful. While all enjoyment of food is a matter of taste, seeing ratings below 4 is beyond my comprehension. Every donut is fresh. They close when they are sold out, often earlier then you would like if you are foolish to wait until the afternoon to satisfy a donut urge. My wife and I, and all our friends that have had these donuts LOVE them! I encourage all to try them.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Was a gloomy and drizzly morning so stopped for a "snack". Not much room near the counter so be patient if you're trying to see the offerings. Don't be dissuaded by a line out the door as it moves quickly. Be prepared to wait for a table as the dining area is a great place to browse while waiting for the weather to clear. Donuts were so good we came back (from Lutsen) the next morning...just after eating breakfast!

Reviewed 22 June 2014

The name is what I think of their donuts. The signature donut in my opinion is the glazed donut. All the choices aren't loaded with grease, and don't leave a greasy feeling in my stomach, no matter how many I eat. Don't miss this popular spot.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

First a qualifier: I am not much of a doughnut fan. That said I find the bakery to be pretty similar to what I've gotten elsewhere.

1  Thank FredCrea
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We use tripadvisor on our travels. My husband loves donuts so we were excited to try them. We arrived a little past 8 am and purchased a dozen assorted. The most tolerable was the glazed. The cake donuts were limp and not very tasty. We expected a crisp outside and tender inside. The rest were mediocre. My husband said that they weren't as good as Walmart donuts and he doesn't like Walmart donuts.
If you want a really good donut, go to Donuts To Go in Carson City, Nevada. Then you will know what a good donut is.
The staff was very pleasant and the donut shop was very quaint. We won't be back.

1  Thank Nancy D