“So cozy ”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Grand Marais, Minnesota
“So cozy ”
Reviewed 11 October 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I are here for the night. He just said its "so cozy," and that he felt like he was at home in his own bedroom. Cute, cozy, convenient, and very friendly people here!! Next time we stay, we will be bringing our dogs! Everything was so close we just walked everywhere we went. 2 thumbs up.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Karisue77

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Aitkin, Minnesota
Reviewed 10 October 2013

My husband and I are staying here as I write this :) first impression is great! Looks good, welcoming. They are very friendly, and the room is very clean! Looks and smells great! Would recommend this place to anyone. Come stay in Grand Marais!!

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank bea_165
Kansas City, Kansas
Reviewed 1 October 2013

I stayed one night at the Mangy Moose, in Grand Marais, but definitely wish I could have stayed longer. The room I had was very cute, cozy, and quiet! And I emphasize QUIET. Comfortable beds and lots of towels in the darling bathroom. There was a kitchen for extra $ but I didn't pay for that and it's behind a locked door so I couldn't peek but I'm sure it's nice. :)
It's within easy walking distance of everything in Grand Marais; a Fabulous location!! The management is super nice too. When I called they asked if I had a pet and gave me a pet-free room, which I think was the only one left, but it's nice they have both.

I will definitely stay at this motel again and again.

Green Features: They recycle, which is great. I'm not used to any hotel/motel doing that. There are bins outside the office for your recyclables.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank mntravelgrl
La Quinta, California
Reviewed 30 September 2013

What a quaint, charming motel in the Lake Superior town of Grand Marais, Minnesota. We spent two nights here and were extremely pleased with room, comfortable bed and furnishings and the warm hospitality the owners gave us (and our miniature dachshund). If we are ever traveling in this area again, we'll definitely stay at the Mangy Moose Motel.

Room Tip: We stayed in room #1 - it was newly remodeled and had a very comfortable king sized bed. It is als...
Green Features: Loved that they had recycling bins by the office for plastic and glass!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank pjsmiles
Minneapolis, MN
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Stayed one night and wished we were staying more. The room was so clean. We paid the same for a less than attractive, dumpy room in Duluth and there was no comparison. The Mangy Moose was easy to find, close to everything and the bed (while slightly odd was very comfortable). The mattress rested on a platform and slid around a little but was not a big deal.
It's right on the highway but I had no trouble falling asleep as it gets quiet at night. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Minnesotan59
Chisago City
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Listen up, its the canine cuties checking in after checking out the Mangy Moose motel in grand Marais.
First of all when reservations were made, the folks asked for a pet friendly room.
When we entered the room the first thing the folks noticed was a note on the bed with a dog biscuit. How cool is that?
The note stated we could sleep on the bed if we used the extra sheet. We bring our own beds, but it was a nice touch. The note also stated that some restaurants had out side seating where we would be allowed. It was cool and rainy when we were there but we had fun exploring the many great sights Grand Marais has to offer. We saw lots of other dogs, in and out of town on leashes of course. The motel is with in walking distance from town.
Getting back to our accommodations. This is a older motel but very clean, not a crumb to be found anywhere, and the towels we over heard, were the best ever.
This is not one of the fancy motels but if you are looking for a clean reasonable place to stay with your pets, the Mangy Moose will do what it takes to make you feel welcome.
The moose (aka) Dave even rubbed my sisters tummy. (she's easy)
Here is the really neat part,we accidently left our favorite toy ball behind and guess what? It was mailed back to our home 3 days later with a couple dog treats.
The moose has a really big heart.
Thank you moose for making our trip to Grand Marais special.
WE plan on seeing you again next time.

Jackson and Ebee

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Janice O
Wisconsin
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Stayed here again in September 2013 on our way north. Once again the room was spotlessly clean. I also like the fact that you can park right in front of your room. The Motel is close to town and you can walk to restaurants. I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Lutsen Resort on Lake Superior
Harbor Inn Restaurant & Motel
Harbor Inn Restaurant & Motel
#6 of 10 in Grand Marais

Been to Mangy Moose Motel? Share your experiences!