“Fairly Good”

Justine's at the Gunflint Lodge
Ranked #18 of 34 Restaurants in Grand Marais
Cuisines: American
Description: this restaurant is located within the Gunflint Lodge which is located along the Gunflint Trail near Grand Marais, MN
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
“Fairly Good”
Reviewed 28 October 2012

Gunflint Lodge has two resturants within one buildling. The Bistro has awesome food and much more than just bar food. I actually thought that was just as good as the food at Justine's. Justine's is a little more upscale. The service was excellent - Chris was our server and we waited for nothing - he was awesome.

Visited October 2012

kansas city
“Always go here”
Reviewed 9 October 2012

My wife and I usually try and eat here once when we are in Cook County every year. Don't have to be a guest to eat here.

Food is excellent and typically priced the same as other Trail establishments. I usually have The Don which is a very large corned beef sandwich. Others I have dined with state their food is excellent as well.

Dining room overlooks Gunflint Lake and Canada a mile distant.

Server was not very cheerful but I can understand having to deal with the demanding one-percenters that stay in the cabins can wear on you.

• Visited August 2012
Plymouth, MN
“Great view, but the meal did not match it”
Reviewed 24 September 2012

We were on the Gunflint for a few days and wanted to see this lodge. It was nice and the restaurant was, too, and has a great view of the lake; white table cloths, too. Had the parmesan crusted walleye and would give it an okay; vegetables with it were nice and crisp, so give them a higher mark. I had the soup, a walleye chowder if I recall correctly, and it was okay, too. So, big hopes for the walleye while on the lake, but did not meet my hopes. Still a nice evening, staff was attentive and knowledgeable but a bit too formal for the location. Meal was $17, which I thought reasonable.

• Visited September 2012
Horton
“Another great meal”
Reviewed 17 September 2012

We have eaten here before and enjoyed our meal very much. A classic northwoods lodge setting, but a high end dining experience, and we appreciated the knowledgeable staff concerning our daughter's need for a serious gluten-free dinner.

Beautiful presentation of the food, delicious meal, lovely wine, gorgeous setting on Gunflint Lake. Enjoyed our evening greatly.

Visited September 2012
Iron River, Michigan
“What a GREAT get away.”
Reviewed 26 August 2012

We had such a great time. We went with another couple. We drove from the U.P. of Michigan the drive was beautiful. Cabins were very clean and neat. We kayaked,fished,took boat rides,hiked to beautiful waterfalls. Rode horses. Food was fantastic. The staff was so nice,polite and friendly,answered any questions you had. The sunsets were beautiful. I even fed the ducks and there were 20 at one time. There was always something to do and kept you busy. I would highly suggest Gunflint Logde to anyone who just want to get away from it all. Thanks Bruce and Sue. We will be back! ;-)

Visited August 2012