“Fantastic trip ever!!! and the GORP!!!!!”

Voyageur Canoe Outfitters
More attraction details
Owner description: Voyageur Canoe Outfitters is a Boundary Waters Canoe Area Trip outfitter with lodging at the end of Minnesota's Gunflint Trail. We offer canoe camping trips into the BWCA and Quetico Park in Canada. Experience wilderness lakes, excellent fishing for lake trout, walleye, smallmouth bass and northern pike. There are awesome opportunities to see timber wolves, moose, deer, beavers, loons and more. Voyageur is located 56 miles from Grand Marais, Minnesota on Saganaga Lake. We offer tow boat transportation, boat and motor rentals, cabins and more all in a wilderness setting. Where the Trail Ends Your Voyage Begins.
Reviewed 10 September 2012

This was the most fantastic trip ever! The staff was so friendly and helpful and the suggestion for the tow (being first time BWCA visitors) was perfect! From the equipment and food, to the beautiful atmosphere, I don't think I could ever go up again and Not see, Mike, Mark and Ashley again. Thanks guys for a wonderful vacation. Oh, BTW did I mention the GORP is to die for!?!

Paddling_hiking_Gal, Owner at Voyageur Canoe Outfitters, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2013

We're so happy you had a great time in the BWCA and that you loved our GORP! We love our GORP too and we make it special for our very special guests of Voyageur Canoe Outfitters. We're happy you liked the tow boat service on Saganaga, it is a nice option especially when you're short on time. We do hope you will come back and see all of our wonderful crew at Voyageur Canoe Outfitters.

Happy Paddling!

There are newer reviews for Voyageur Canoe Outfitters

Reviewed 17 August 2012

These folks know how to treat a customer! Mike helped us with a great route. Helped us with a special request. Gear picked up right on the shore. Friendly energetic staff that was eager to help and listen. Thanks for a great trip! We will be back.

We're so glad you were pleased with our services at Voyageur Canoe Outfitters. We pride ourselves on treating our guests special and for going the extra mile by attending to special requests. We love our Voyageur Crew and are glad you did too, they do their best for each of our guests as well. We will look forward to your return to Voyageur Canoe Outfitters.

Reviewed 26 July 2012

I had the good fortune of discovering Voyager Canoe Outfitters through a friend who's been on several trips in the BWCAW. Being that I'm from Florida and never done anything like this before it was important I put myself in good hands. VCO had a welcoming family atmosphere and a wealth of knowledge about their products, what to expect and also how to prepare. Weeks before starting my trip I checked in with them about supplies and they were very helpful and responsive. The gear and accommodations they supplied were also great quality and they had something for everyone, no matter your mission. If something wasn't right, they were quick to accommodate and check back to make sure you were satisfied.

I would recommend the team at VCO without a doubt to my friends and family. The Boundary Waters was absolutely amazing but my experience with VCO and the staff was an excellent way begin and end our voyage.

Thank you, VCO!

1  Thank Alejandr0371

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a great review for us on Trip Advisor. We are happy we met your expectations for a Boundary Waters Canoe trip outfitter. We know choosing an outfitter isn't easy and that's why we're so grateful for folks like you who write reviews so others can benefit.

We appreciate the comments about our knowledge and welcoming atmosphere. It's very important to us to be the best there is in canoe trip outfitting. We want out guests to be well-prepared for their canoe trips so they can relax and enjoy them while they are here.

We hope you return and tell your friends and family to outfit with Voyageur. We'll do our very best to provide exceptional customer service to all.

Reviewed 9 July 2012

What a wonderful experience of the BWCA through Voyageur Canoe Outfitters. We bought packages through Groupon for 3 days & 2 nights but with the first night stay in the bunk house (our own private bunk house for the four of us!), it was really more like 3 days & 3 nights. Every crew member that we dealt with was SO friendly & helpful. The food was very good and VERY plentiful. We had beautiful weather and just a great experience. Thank you so much VCO crew!!

We are very happy you had a wonderful experience with Voyageur Canoe Outfitters. I know I get nervous when I purchase Groupon deals or other deals and that's why we tried especially hard to make sure everything was just perfect for all of our Groupon Guests.

We love our Voyageur Crew and are glad you liked them too. They make the experience even better. We hope you will return to Voyageur again.

Reviewed 9 June 2012

Voyager Canoe Outfitters is a top class outfitter. I have used VCO a handful of times and have never left without a smile on my face (even though I am heading back). If your looking to adventure the BWCA, I would strongly recommend contacting this outfitter.

1  Thank DavidRoyLarson

We appreciate your kind words about Voyageur Canoe Outfitters being a top class outfitter. We strive to be the best we can be and love to see the smiles on our guest's faces. Thank you for recommending us to others and we look forward to your return to Voyageur.