“Food was bad. service was terrible!”
Review of The Harbor Light - CLOSED

The Harbor Light
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Waitstaff
Dining options: Waitstaff
Minneapolis
“Food was bad. service was terrible!”
Reviewed 12 March 2013

We were in Grand Marais for our anniversary and we were looking to go somewhere kind of nice and with good food. The atmosphere of the restaurant is kind of shoddy. It is very old decor and looks like it is stuck in the 1970's, but we thought maybe the food is great. I ordered the ribs and baked potato. My boyfriend ordered the BBQ chicken and hashbrowns. The ribs were okay, nothing great, the baked potato was cold. The chicken came without BBQ and so she just brought my boyfriend a side of it. If you order BBQ chicken the intent is to have it cooked with the chicken so that it kind of forms a glaze, dunking your grilled chicken in BBQ sauce is not ideal. I ordered wine and it had huge chunks of cork floating in it. We ended up picking this place because there was a wait at other restaurants, but trust me it would be better to wait somewhere else. Don't waste your time or money here. We visited in October 2009, maybe things have changed since then, but somehow I doubt it.

• Visited October 2012

Hanalei, Hawaii
“Trying Hard”
Reviewed 9 January 2013

It's a tough business in a seasonal town, but the food is good while not fancy, and the service and patrons are friendly.

Visited January 2013
Minneapolis
“Decent older place for drinks and burgers.”
Reviewed 7 January 2013

Nothing fancy, but seemed clean and had decent food. They have a full bar, with drink specials quite often. There is better food around town, but this place is still an ok choice for something different.

Visited January 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Friendly and attentive staff”
Reviewed 27 November 2012

We ordered a pizza, and the owner who was serving us, accomodated a special request. She was very nice, freindly and attentive. Our thin crust pizza had a nice crust, veggies on it looked fresh.
This place looks like it took me in the 70s though, but many places in Grand Marais look that way!
Only negative thing I could say is that I felt lot of cigarette smoke in that location. I am not sure why that would be? May be the carpet, table cloths etc are old.

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank drontrip
“Great dinner!”
Reviewed 26 August 2012 via mobile

Prime Rib Dinner and Walleye dinner were great. One of us asked for special accommodation for a special diet. We later met the new owners. We wished them well. Story we didn't have room for the pie she made that day!

Give this place a try! We liked it!