“A Grand Marais Tradition” 4 of 5 bubbles

Sven and Ole's Pizza
Ranked #11 of 34 Restaurants in Grand Marais
Cuisines: Italian, American, Pizza
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Groups, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
Kingston, Ontario, Canada
“A Grand Marais Tradition”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

Sven and Ole's has been around forever and their pizza has always been excellent! And, the junk nailed to the wall actually makes for pretty interesting decor.

Visited March 2014

Farmington, Minnesota
“Not bad pizza”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

I'm originally from the Chicago area so by comparison, this pizza is just ok. We got the "thin" crust with lots of topping but the "thin" crust is not really thin.. We also got the wings and they were pretty good. The place is convenient.

Visited June 2014
Sturgeon Lake, Minnesota
“The pizza is really the best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

Great service! The taste is exceptional! We stayed near by and they deliver until 10 PM. I have always heard how good the pizza was.. and now I know it's all true.

Visited July 2014
Twin Cities, MN
“Good pizza... on the more expensive side. Busy place!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

Had to do the tourist thing and eat at Sven and Ole's Pizza while in Grand Marais. Tried to go for dinner at 6 one evening and the line was to the door so we decided to try again at another time. Came back at about 3 the following day and while it wasn't quite as busy, there was still a significantly long line even at an off-peak meal time. We had the "Vild Vun" pizza which had wild rice (and yes, wild rice on a pizza really does "work" and tasted great!) Canadian bacon, onions, and green peppers. It is also supposed to have olives and mushrooms but I cannot stand either of those so we had that omitted. The pizza itself was very tasty, and had plenty of cheese which I love (can never have too much cheese on a pizza in my opinion!). I did feel that it was a bit overpriced though for pizza... not being in some special Chicago or New York style pizzeria. Our pizza plus 2 fountain drinks came to $25+ change. Still it was good pizza and we enjoyed the experience. Would recommend.

• Visited July 2014
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“North Shore Tradition”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

I'm not going to tout that this place has the greatest food, but it's a fun, family restaurant that I visit on most trips to Grand Marais. Food is ordered at a counter and brought out to your table. It can get quite crowded so try to hit the earlier spectrum of meal time. My one complaint is that I usually find the dining room in need of a more through cleaning...they have staff that comes through regularly to wipe down tables but in my opinion more needs to be done. That said, I still recommend this fun place!

• Visited July 2014