“Quirky and Yummy”

Ranked #9 of 34 Restaurants in Grand Marais
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Description: Family restaurant on the North Shore of Lake Superior, in Grand Marais, MN. Serving up homemade pizza, burgers, soup, salads and more. Great selection MN craft beer on tap.
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Worth the five-minute walk uphill from downtown. An eclectic blend of lake-cabin/small-town/liberal/lumberjack, but it worked. The waiter was very efficient, even if he was the opposite of talkative. The bison burger was cooked medium-well, and was juicy and flavorful in its Bull Moose flavor (bacon and BBQ sauce). The unique-and-yummy Northshore Dog (hot dog with mozzarella and wild rice) also was flavorful! We wished we had another day in town so that we could return for another lunch here!

1  Thank Vivianne G
There are newer reviews for My Sister's Place

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Really good burger and fries. Cozy ambiance. Locals seem to frequent along with travelers. Very busy, but still good service.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

When I first saw this, I thought it was really cute but it looked like a bar that serviced food. The lady at the hotel assured us it was a family place. When you walk in there is a bar that spans the left side but the rest are tables for dining. It was cute but small so if you get there during peak times, expect to wait.

We ate here twice. Both times the food and service was very good. We started with the 'srooms. They are breaded portabella - VERY tasty! The burgers were excellent. They have many unusual choices. Prices for burgers ran about $11 but you get a choice of fries or soup (maybe something else but this is what we chose). The soup the first time was chicken noodle. It tasted homemade - like my grandma used to make. The second time it was creamier and I didn't like it as much.

They also had an outside sitting area that looked pretty but we didn't try it.

This is well worth the stop!

Reviewed 5 July 2014

This place is a must visit when in grand marais! The food was amazing!!!!! So much to choose from! We will def be back!!!!

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Enjoyed an early meal as we arrived in town. Loved the atmosphere, server was great. Ordered typical chicken tender sandwiches for the kids, buffalo chicken and corn chowder soup, oh and cheese curds for our app. Everything was great. Quick in and out at the 3:30 time frame we got there.