“Great Atmosphere, Great food”
Review of My Sister's Place

My Sister's Place
Ranked #8 of 34 Restaurants in Grand Marais
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Description: Family restaurant on the North Shore of Lake Superior, in Grand Marais, MN. Serving up homemade pizza, burgers, soup, salads and more. Great selection MN craft beer on tap.
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Some recommended My Sister's Place for their cheese curds but by the time we got there, I was ready for a burger. I had a version of a Juicy Lucy that was filled with Blue Cheese and Bacon. By the sounds of this, some might ask how it could go wrong, but I found the blue cheese to be kind of dry. The fries that came with it were great and my friend really enjoyed her meal. There is a great Northern atmosphere here and while we didn't enjoy the "Pizza Patio" it looked like a great place to hang out on a nice day. Great place for american food in Grand Marais!

There are newer reviews for My Sister's Place

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Ate here twice during my stay. Food was great both times. Tried the peanut butter and mayo burger on 2nd visit.Was surprisingly delicious.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

What a unique place with great food!
You could spend the entire time you're there looking at all the treasures on the walls and ceiling.
The sweet potato fries were awesome. Tiny little straws cooked to perfection!
They have the best coleslaw ever!
A must stop if you are in Grand Marais!

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Wasn't hungry for a burger (though they are great) so tried an appetizer and salad on my last visit. Had the deep fried portabella mushrooms with horseradish sauce and a side salad. The mushrooms were perfectly seasoned and deep fried to hot and crispy perfection. I didn't think I was very hungry, but kept eating them just because it was hard to stop. And the horseradish sauce was the perfect compliment to the meaty and rich mushrooms. The "side" salad was generous with very fresh and crisp vegetables - far exceeding my expectations. I have really enjoyed burgers here but it's going to be hard to turn down those mushrooms next time.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Fun place for a casual meal. Loved the burgers and sweet potato fries, they have some crazy combination burgers, I got one with cream cheese and olives, someone else got one with mayo and peanut butter. They have regular ones too. Also have fish sandwiches etc and really good sweet potato fries. Huge beer selection with lots of good local choices.